父母：Donough O'Brien, 4th Earl of Thomond 和 Elizabeth O'Brien
|Managed by:||Ben M. Angel|
About Barnabas O'Brien, 6th Earl of Thomond
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on Barnabas O'Brien:
Barnabas O'Brien, 5th Earl of Thomond (actually, 6th Earl of Thomond, his brother Henry was the 5th Earl)
- M, #23987,
- b. circa 1590,
- d. 1657
- Last Edited=17 Dec 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.83%
Barnabas O'Brien, 5th Earl of Thomond was born circa 1590. He was the son of Donough O'Brien, 3rd Earl of Thomond and Helen Roche.
He married Anne Fermor, daughter of Sir George Fermor and Mary Curson, on 17 July 1615 at Easton Neston, Northamptonshire, England.
He died in 1657. He was buried on 15 November 1657.
- He was educated BNC Oxford.
- He was Member of Parliament (M.P.) (I Parl) Coleraine , Carlow and Ennis 1634, knighted 1615 in 1613.
- He was Privy Counsellor (P.C.) (I ) in 1639.
- He succeeded to the title of 5th Earl of Thomond [I., 1552] before 22 April 1639.
- In 1641 having been neutral between the Confederate Irish and the English forces , he came out in support of Parliament during the full English Civil War 1646, gave up Bunratty Castle and retired to England.
- On 3 May 1645 a document creating him Marquess of Billing passed the Privy Seal but Letters Patent were never completed and he never took up that peerage designation.
Child of Barnabas O'Brien, 5th Earl of Thomond
- 1. Lady Mary O'Brien+ d. 1686
Children of Barnabas O'Brien, 5th Earl of Thomond and Anne Fermor
- 1. Penelope O'Brien+
- 2. Henry O'Brien, 6th Earl of Thomond+ b. c 1620, d. 2 May 1691
Citations [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003). Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume XII/1, page 709. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage. [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 2, page 2033. [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 406.