About Beatrice Irene Sandström
Miss Beatrice Irene Sandström
- Born: Tuesday 9th August 1910
- Age: 1 years
- Last Residence: in Motala Sweden
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 9549 , £16 14s
- Cabin No.: G6
- Destination: San Francisco California United States
- Rescued (boat 13)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Sunday 3rd September 1995
Miss Beatrice Irene Sandström, 1½, was born 9 August 1910, the daughter of Hjalmar Sandström (died 1925) and Agnes Sandström and sister of Marguerite. They boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers.
In later years she remembered nothing about the trip and could only tell what other people had told her, but once said that when she was a child she used to say: "Look, the moon is falling down", perhaps recalling the rockets fired as the ship went down.
She lived in Motala, Östergötland, Sweden and died 3 September 1995.
References Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Leif Snellman, Finland
Travelling Companions (on same ticket) Mrs Agnes Charlotta Sandström Miss Marguerite Rut Sandström