Matching family tree profiles for Berta Olivia Nilsson
About Berta Olivia Nilsson
Miss Berta Olivia Nilsson
- Born: Thursday 22nd February 1894
- Age: 18 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Ransbysäter Sweden
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347066 , £7 15s 6d
- Destination: Missoula Montana United States
- Rescued (boat D)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Monday 27th December 1976
- Cause of Death: Cerebral Vascular Accident (Stroke)
- Buried: Mt. Olive Cemetery Chicago Illinois United States
Miss Berta Olivia Nilsson, 18, was born 22 February 1894, she was the daughter of Nels Nelson and Ingeborg Johnson and lived in Ransbysäter, Lysvik, Värmland, Sweden.
Berta Nilsson boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger (ticket number 347066 £7, 15s, 6d). She was accompanied by her fiancé Edvard Larsson-Ronsberg from Ransbysäter to Missoula, Montana.
Larsson died, but Berta was rescued in Collapsible D. The "Women's Relief Committee" in New York gave her $50. On 26 April she passed St Paul, Minnesota on her way Westwards with Carl Olof Jansson, Oscar Hedman and Anna Sjöblom.
After the disaster she never dared to travel over the Atlantic ocean again. She married a Mr Christensen and died in Chicago 27 December 1976.
Certificates State of Illinois Certificate of Death
Sources Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55).
References Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Claes-Göran Wetterholm
Contributors Phillip Gowan, USA Leif Snellman, Finland
Berta Olivia Nilsson's Timeline
February 22, 1894
Lysvik, Värmland, Sweden
December 27, 1976