Matching family tree profiles for Bertha Bridget Moran
About Bertha Bridget Moran
Miss Bertha Bridget Moran
- Born: Sunday 9th September 1883
- Age: 28 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Askeaton Limerick Ireland
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Queenstown on Thursday 11th April 1912
- Ticket No. 371110 , £24 3s
- Destination: Troy United States
- Rescued (boat 16)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Saturday 15th April 1961
- Cause of Death: Natural Causes
Miss Bertha Bridget Moran, 28, of Askeaton, Co Limerick was travelling with her brother Daniel to Bronx, New York. She boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as a third class passenger (ticket number 371110, £24, 3s).
Bertha Moran was rescued, probably in lifeboat 16.
After losing her brother, Daniel, in the Titanic disaster, Bertha remained in the United States. She married and died on 15 April 1961, while residing in Michigan. She was one of three Titanic survivors known to have died on 15 April. The others were Mrs Selma Asplund and Mr Meyer Moore.
Sources Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55). Noel Ray (1999) List of Passengers who Boarded RMS Titanic at Queenstown, April 11, 1912. The Irish Titanic Historical Society
Contributors Cameron Bell, Northern Ireland Robert L. Bracken, USA Michael A. Findlay, USA Noel Ray, Ireland
Travelling Companions (on same ticket) Mr Daniel James Moran Mr Patrick Ryan