|Death:||Died in At Sea - Titanic Casualty|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Occupation:||Senior Assistant 2nd. Engineer - Titanic|
|Managed by:||June Barnes|
About Bertie Wilson
- Name: Mr Bertie Wilson
- Born in Liverpool Merseyside England
- Age: 28 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 40 Richmond Road, Shirley Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Senior Assistant 2nd. Engineer
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Engine crew
- First Embarked: Belfast
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Bertie Wilson, 28, was the eldest son of Thomas Wilson of Waterloo, Liverpool; educated at Merchant Taylors
Grammar School, Crosby and subsequently served his apprenticeship with Messrs. J.H. Wilson & Co. of Sandhills, Liverpool. Served for 4.5 years with Leyland Line as fourth engineer and third engineer before moving to White Star in September 1907 as assistant second engineer aboard the Teutonic. Served as assistant third engineer aboard Olympic before transferring to Titanic.
A resident of Southampton Bertie was married to Mabel Agnes Lloyd who died not long after him, on 16th August 1916. They were childless. Some of his brothers-in-law also worked for the White Star Line.
References and Sources
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- United States Senate, Washington 1912. n° 806, Crew List
- Denis Griffiths, UK
- Phil Lloyd, UK (Great Nephew of Mabel Agnes Lloyd)