About Betros Seman
See also Discussion
"Tannous Betros had no connection with the boy, whose name was probably spelled Betros Samaan. He was travelling with a group of 'Syrians' from Hardin in what is now the Lebanon, and was in the immediate care of his uncle Hanna Samaan and two teenaged cousins who were Hanna's sons. Other members of the Samaan family (who anglicized their name to 'Simon') were already living in the mining town of Wilkes Barre in Pennsylvania, where there was a small community of Lebanese immigrants".
- Name: Master Betros Seman
- Age: 10 years
- Last Residence: in Hardin Lebanon
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 2622 , £4 3d
- Destination: Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Seman Betros boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as a third class passenger (ticket number 2622, £4 0s 3d), it is likely that he travelled with Tannous Betros.
Betros died in the disaster. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55).