Frederick Claude Hynman Allenby
|Birthplace:||Woodbridge RD, Suffolk, England UK|
Son of Hynman Allenby and Catherine Anne Allenby
|Managed by:||Michael Lawrence Rhodes|
Matching family tree profiles for Capt Frederick Claude Hynman Allenby, CBE, RN
About Capt Frederick Claude Hynman Allenby, CBE, RN
'Allenby, Capt. Frederick Claude Hynman (1864-1934).
Younger son of Hynman Allenby (1823-79) of Felixstowe Hall, and his wife Catherine Anne, daughter of Rev. T.C. Cane of Southwell (Notts), born 21 September and baptised 16 November 1864. Educated at HMS Britannia; joined the Royal Navy (Captain; retired, 1909); JP for Northumberland; CBE 1919. He married, 28 August 1901, Edith Mabel (d. 1956), daughter of John Munton Jaffray and had issue:
- Dudley Jaffray Hynman Allenby (1903-84), 2nd Viscount Allenby (q.v.);
- Ivy Catherine Allenby (1904-15), born 5 March 1904; died 9 February 1915;
- (Claude) William Hynman Allenby (1912-75), born 13 August 1912; educated at Stowe; Reserve of Officers in WW2; granted rank of a Viscount's younger son by royal warrant, 1939; married 1st, 1 July 1939 (div. 1948), Sheila Patsey, youngest daughter of G.P. Price of Beechfield, Petworth (Sussex) and 2nd, 11 September 1951, Barbara Marion, younger daughter of John Hall of Felpham (Sussex); died without issue, 2 December 1975.
He died at sea, 1 August 1934; his will was proved 27 September 1934 (estate £466). His widow died 28 January 1956; her will was proved 8 May 1956 (estate £5,536).
From https://www.forces-war-records.co.uk (subscription needed)
- First Name: Frederick Claud Hynman
- Initials: F
- Surname: Allenby
- Nationality: British
- Rank: Captain
- Gallantry Awards: CBE
- Award Details: Distinguished Service
- Gazette Info: 8383
- Gazette Date: 04/07/1919
- Service: British Army
- Regiment: NTS Liverpool
- Service: RN
- Collection: Gazetted Awards and Mentions in Despatches
- Ship: "Caribbean"
- Archive Reference: ADM 89/017
- Collection: Royal Naval Officers' Campaign Medal Rolls 1914-1920
- "(91) Allanby of Garnsgate Hall, Kenwick Hall, Balblair and Felixstowe, Viscounts Allenby", Landed families of Britain and Ireland Blog, Nick Kingsley
- Burke, Bernard, Sir. A genealogical and heraldic history of the landed gentry of Great Britain & Ireland 6th ed. London : Harrison 1879. Vol I. page 19