|Birthplace:||Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA|
|Death:||Died in Weston, Middlesex, Massachusetts|
|Managed by:||Michael Reid Delahunt, art teacher & lexicographer|
About Josiah Jones, Jr.
Capt. Josiah Jones of Weston was born 20 October 1670 in Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts and died on 21 December 1734 in Weston, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. He is buried in the Farmers Burial Ground, Weston, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Parents: Josiah Jones (1643 - 1714) and Lydia Treadway Jones (1649 - 1743)
- Abigail Barnes (1671 - 1749)
5 children include:
- Daniel Jones b. 2 February 1692-3; d. 1740.
- Abigail Jones b. 14 September 1694; md. 21 May 1719 to Ephraim Williams.
- Josiah Jones b. 24 October 1701; d. 22 March 1769. Married (1) Anna Brown and (2) Sarah Stoddard.
- William Jones b. 4 January 1706-7.
- Elisha Jones b. 20 November 1710; d. February 1775; a Colonel and Justice of the Peace.
- Katharine Newbury Manierre wrote (1905-06) that Josiah Jones died, "before 1749."
- The Town Records give December 21 as the date of death.
- He was elected Deacon, 13 February 1714/15, as successor of his father, but refused to accept.
- Family Tree of Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
- Ahnentafel Genealogy Of Henry David Thoreau
- Findagrave: Capt Josiah Jones