About Richard Rixey, Jr.
Notes for Richard Rixey
!The Rixey Genealogy, pg. 98: Captain.
!Deed Book Q, pg 561, Prince William Co. Records: Gift deed dated 8 Mar. 1768 form Richard Rixey (Riccia) to Richard Rixey, Jr. of two Negroes, a woman named Hagar and a man named Tom.
It appears from this information that he moved to Culpeper Co. in 1804 and that his sons (John, Presley and Charles) also moved to Culpeper Co. from Fauquier Co. and purchased land in the same neighborhood and that later there was a village in this section know as "Rixeyville". It is located about 9 miles north of the town of Culpeper and one mile south of the Hazel River.
Richard Rixey, Jr. named his farm in Culpeper Co., VA as "Mount Pleasant" and died there in Sept. 1808. His son Charles had a home named "Pleasant Hill". Later the name of "Mount Pleasant" was changed to "Ellerslie" when it passed out of the hands of the Rixey Family (William Rixey sold it).