Cassandra Brydges (Willoughby), Duchess of Chandos
|Cause of death:||apoplexy|
|Place of Burial:||Whitchurch, Middlesex, England|
Daughter of Francis Willoughby, FRS and Emma Child
|Managed by:||Nancy A. Collins|
Matching family tree profiles for Cassandra Brydges, Duchess of Chandos
About Cassandra Brydges, Duchess of Chandos
Cassandra Willoughby was born ? and died on 18 July 1735, from apoplexy, without issue. She was buried on 26 July 1735 at Whitchurch, Middlesex, England.1,3
Parents: daughter of Francis Willoughby and Emma Barnard.1
- on 4 August 1713 at Chelsea College Chapel, London, England to James Brydges, 1st Duke of Chandos, son of James Brydges, 8th Baron Chandos of Sudeley and Elizabeth Barnard 1
- From 4 August 1713, her married name became Brydges.1
- As a result of her marriage, Cassandra Willoughby was styled as Countess of Carnarvon on 9 October 1714.
- As a result of her marriage, Cassandra Willoughby was styled as Duchess of Chandos on 19 April 1719.
- [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 130. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- [S3409] Caroline Maubois, "re: Penancoet Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 2 December 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Penancoet Family."
- [S2] Peter W. Hammond, editor, The Complete Peerage or a History of the House of Lords and All its Members From the Earliest Times, Volume XIV: Addenda & Corrigenda (Stroud, Gloucestershire, U.K.: Sutton Publishing, 1998), page 164. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage, Volume XIV.