About Catherine Baird
Catherine Baird was one of the Irish Famine Orphans on the Lady Kennaway. Her native place was Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland; she was Roman Catholic; possessed a Bible and could read only. Her Mother was still living.
Catherine left the Immigration Depot on the 10th February 1849. She was engaged as an Apprentice by Mr. Howe, a Clerk, of Melbourne for 2 years at £6 per annum.
- Age on arrival in Australia according to arrival record : 14 (according to Irish baptism record born in 1836) so age 12.
- Native Place : Letterkenny, Donegal (workhouse) original residence might have been elsewhere in Donegal
- Parents : Not recorded
- Religion : Roman Catholic
- Ship name : Lady Kennaway (Melbourne1848)
- Workhouse : Donegal, Letterkenny
Address in 1903:
- State: Victoria
- District: Bendigo
- Subdistrict: Barkly Ward
- The Letterkenny Workhouse