About Catherine Forbes (Newcomen)
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on Catherine Newcomen:
Catherine Newcomen 
- F, #152616,
- d. 8 December 1714
- Last Edited=10 Apr 2011
Catherine Newcomen married, firstly, Sir Alexander Stewart, 2nd Bt., son of Sir William Stewart, 1st Bt..
She married, secondly, Arthur Forbes, 1st Earl of Granard, son of Sir Arthur Forbes, 1st Bt. and Jane Lauder, circa 1655.
She died on 8 December 1714 at Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland.
She was the daughter of Sir Robert Newcomen, 4th Bt. and Anne Boleyn.
- Her married name became Stewart.
- From circa 1655, her married name became Forbes. As a result of her marriage, Catherine Newcomen was styled as Viscountess of Granard on 22 November 1675. As a result of her marriage, Catherine Newcomen was styled as Countess of Granard on 30 December 1684.
Child of Catherine Newcomen and Sir Alexander Stewart, 2nd Bt.
- 1. William Stewart, 1st Viscount Mountjoy+
Children of Catherine Newcomen and Arthur Forbes, 1st Earl of Granard
- 1. Lady Catherine Forbes+ d. 15 Jun 1743
- 2. unknown son Forbes 
- 3. unknown son Forbes 
- 4. unknown son Forbes 
- 5. unknown son Forbes 
- 6. Arthur Forbes, 2nd Earl of Granard+ b. c 1656, d. 24 Aug 1734
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume VI, page 55. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IX, page 349.
- 3. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1628. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 4. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume IV, page 391.
Catherine Forbes (Newcomen), Countess of Granard's Timeline
Mosstown, County Longford, Leinster, Ireland
December 23, 1653
Newtownstewart, County Tyrone, Ulster, Ireland
December 8, 1714
Dublin, County Dublin, Leinster, Ireland