About Charles Alexander Fortune
- Name: Mr Charles Alexander Fortune
- Born: Thursday 13th October 1892
- Age: 19 years
- Last Residence: in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 19950 , £263
- Cabin No.: C23/25/27
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Charles Alexander Fortune, 19, was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, 13 October 1892, the only son of Mark and Mary Fortune. He had just graduated the year before from Bishop's College in Lennoxville, Quebec with citations of academic and athletic excellence. He was about to enroll in McGill University when he returned from a Grand Tour of Europe on the Titanic.
He boarded at Southampton as a first class passenger. He travelled with his parents and three sisters, Ethel Flora, Alice Elizabeth, and Mabel. They occupied cabins C-23-25-27.
Charles and his father lost their lives in the sinking, their bodies were never recovered.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Mark Fortune
- Mrs Mary Fortune
- Miss Ethel Flora Fortune
- Miss Alice Elizabeth Fortune
- Miss Mabel Helen Fortune
References and Sources
- Alan Hustak (1999) Titanic: The Canadian Story. Vehicule Press, ISBN-1-55065-113-7
- Pat Cook, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Alan Hustak, Canada
Charles Alexander Fortune's Timeline
October 13, 1892
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty
Bishop's College in Lennoxville, Quebec