|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
About Charles Frederick Back
- Name: Mr Charles Frederick Back
- Born in London London England
- Age: 32 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 38 Weymouth Terrace Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Assistant Lounge Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr Charles Frederick Back, 32, was born in London.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 38 Weymouth Terrace, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Back died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Documents Crew Particulars of Engagement
References Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)
Contributors Geoff Whitfield, UK