Charles's Top Matches
About Charles Lindsay
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on Charles Lindsay, 2nd Earl of Balcarres:
Charles Lindsay, 2nd Earl of Balcarres 
- M, #20448,
- b. 7 February 1651,
- d. 15 October 1662
- Last Edited=19 Feb 2011
- Consanguinity Index=6.83%
Charles Lindsay, 2nd Earl of Balcarres was baptised on 7 February 1651 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
He died on 15 October 1662 at age 11 at Balcarres, Fife, Scotland, from a 'large stone being found in his heart', unmarried.
He was buried on 21 October 1662 at Balcarres, Fife, Scotland.
He was the son of Alexander Lindsay, 1st Earl of Balcarres and Lady Anne Mackenzie.
- He succeeded to the title of 3rd Lord Lindsay of Balcarres [S., 1633] on 30 August 1659.
- He succeeded to the title of 2nd Earl of Balcarres [S., 1651] on 30 August 1659.
- He succeeded to the title of 2nd Lord Lindsay and Balneil [S., 1651] on 30 August 1659.
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 377. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.