About Charles Rice
Mr Charles Rice
- Born: Thursday 18th March 1880
- Age: 32 years
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Fireman / Stoker
- Engine crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mr Charles Rice was born in Liverpool on 18th March 1880.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 6th April 1912, he gave his address as 12 Oriental Terrace, (Southampton). He transferred from the Olympic. As a Fireman he received monthly wages of £6.
Rice was rescued in Lifeboat 10.
Documents Crew Particulars of Engagement
References Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) United States Senate, Washington 1912. n° 806, Crew List Colonel Archibald Gracie (1913) The Truth about the Titanic. New York, Mitchell Kennerley
Contributors Brian Ticehurst, UK Bill Wormstedt, USA