Claude Abraham de Tubières
|Managed by:||George J. Homs|
Matching family tree profiles for Claude Abraham de Tubières, duc de Caylus
About Claude Abraham de Tubières, duc de Caylus
Golden Fleece - Knights: Spanish Branch
- Wikipedia - English - Claude Abraham de Tubières de Grimoard de Pestel de Lévis
- Claude Abraham de Tubières de Grimoard de Pestel de Lévis (c. 1672 - 1759) was a French military leader.
- Born in Auvergne, he was the third son of the Henry de Tubières - Grimoard and Claude Fabert, daughter of Abraham II de Fabert, a Marshal of the Kingdom of France.
- He was Lieutenant General of the Spanish Army in 1707, military governor at Extremadura, military governor at Zaragoza in 1718, military governor at Galicia in 1722, Captain General of Valencia, Captain General of the Royal Armies in 1734. He was promoted in 1716 to be a knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece.
- In 1742, after serving for 35 years the interests of Spain, he received to the title of Duke of Caylus and of Grandee of Spain by King Philip V of Spain.
Claude Abraham de Tubières, duc de Caylus's Timeline