Henry's Top Matches
About Henry Erastus Noyes
• West Point Class of 1861.
• Participated in the first battle of Bull Run.
• Fought at South Mountain Antietam.
• Engaged in the Battle of Big Horn and the capture of Crazy Horse.
• Stationed in Cuba, served as Governor General in Cuba during the Spanish American War.
Col. Noyes has carried his records wherever his military duties sent him, whether into the Indian country in the territories, or to Cuba. Having visited New England but once since 1879, most of the data has been collected by correspondence. Some of the records are actually worn out by frequent handling, and some have been copied at least a dozen times.