About Daniel Andrews, died young
Daniel Andrews, jun., eldest son of Daniel, of Farmington, born 9t| March, 1672, at Farmington, Ct., married 30th Oct., 1707, Mabel, dau of Jacob Goff, of Wethersfield, and bis wife Margery Ingersoll; she was bor 31st Oct., 1690. They lived near Wethersfield and Farmington town line and about the time of their marriage that part of Farmington was constituted a parish and called Great Swamp, the church being organized 1712, and their record says Daniel Andrus joined us by letter from Harl ford church, 1718. Their house was where Philo Webster's now, 186 stands, on the summit of the hill, east of the Hartford and New Haven turnpike. Daniel and his brother John gave a bond or note of £50 to Ne»J ington, 1720, for liberty to join the Great Swamp society. I think one the of their neighbors were included in the list of those bought off, but only these two signed the note. Daniel Andrus and John Root were a special committee to put in galleries to the meeting house of " Great Swamp" Society, 1720, which duty was promptly and fully performed. He died 21s Aug., 1748,in his 77th year; buried in "Christian Lane" Cemetery; at sand-stone shows that his body lies towards the south-west corner. Estate settled by probate court at Hartford; inventory amounted to £101 17s. presented Oct., 1748. This Golf family claimed relationship to Goffs, the regicide. Mabel the widow died 9th May, 1768, aged 77 years, six months, nine days.
Children of Daniel Andrews and Mabel Goff Andrews:
- 60. Joseph, born about 1711, married 13th Deo., 1733, widow Elizabeth Wilcox
- 61. Abigail, born 22d Juiy, 1713.
- 62. Mabel, born 6th June, 1716, married 4th March, 1741-2,. Charles Kelsey.
- 63. Eunice, bom 18th Sept., 1717, married 10th Nov., 1737, James Kelsey.
- 64. Daniel, born 12th May, 1720, married 6th Feb.. 1760, widow Eunice Kelsey. G5. Hannah, born 8th Sept., 1723, married 1740, James Judd.
- 66. Jacob, bom 24th Jan., 1729, married 2d Feb., 1768, Eunice Emmons, of Litchfield.]
- 67. Hezekiah, born 14th Aug., 1731, married 26th May, 1757, Anna Steadman, of Wethersfield.