David's Top Matches
About David Perkins, I
- Birth: Feb 28 1653 - Hampton, Rockingham, New Hampshire, USA
- Death: Oct 1 1736 - Bridgewater, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
- Parents: Abraham Perkins, Mary Wyeth
- Wife: Elizabeth Brown
- Father of David Perkins, Mary Perkins, Abraham Perkins, Nathan Perkins and Thomas Perkins
Find A Grave Memorial# 22157132; http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=22157132
- Birth: Feb. 28, 1653 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, USA
- Death: Oct. 1, 1736 in Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, USA
- Son of Abraham and Mary Perkins of Hampton, New Hampshire.
- Abraham died 31 August 1683, aged about 72;
- Mary died 29 May 1706, aged 88.
- David "settled in South Bridgewater before 1688 and was the first Representative of the town to the General Court in Boston after the union of the two colonies in 1692.
* He built the first mill at the place where Lazell, Perkins & Co. have now a large manufacturing establishment, 1694.
- * He lived on the Boston road, near where the road turns to go to the works."
- In 1699, David Perkins married Martha Howard,
- daughter of John and Sarah, nee Latham, Howard.
- They were the parents of John (b. 1700), Mary (b. 1702), Martha (b. 1704), Elizabeth (b. 1707), Susanna (b. 1709), David (b. 1711), Jonathan (b. 1714), Abraham (b. 1716) and Sarah (b. unk).
- History of Bridgewater by Nahum Mitchell (pub. 1840, 1897, 1970, 1975), pages 198 and 277; and Epitaphs in Old Bridgewater Massachusetts by Williams Latham (pub. 1882).
- Family links:
- Abraham Perkins (1608 - 1683)
- Mary Wythe Perkins (1618 - 1706)
- Spouse: Elizabeth Perkins (1655 - 1735)*
- David Perkins (1677 - 1736)*
- Nathan Perkins (1685 - 1723)*
- Thomas Perkins (1687 - 1761)*
Here Lyes Buried Ye Body of Mr David Perkins Who Departed This Life Oct.br Ye 1st 1736 In Ye 84th Year Of His Age.
- Burial: * First Cemetery in Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, USA. Plot: Section B, grave 106
From: From: http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Perkins-210
- David PERKINS was born on Feb 28, 1654 in Hampton, NH.
- He died on Oct 1, 1736 in Bridgewater, MA.
- He was a Blacksmith.
- New England Families Genealogical and Memorial: Third Series, Volume III Author: William Richard Cutter
- Bibliographic Information: Cutter, William Richard. New England Families Genealogical and Memorial: Third Series, Volume III. 1915. Reprint, Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1996.
- PERKINS The family bearing this name is one of long and honorable standing in America, being one of the early settled families of New England, where it is first found of record in Hampton, then in Massachusetts, now in New Hampshire. Numbered among its members are found men who have been prominent in the learned professions, as well as in the business and financial circles of this country...
- David, son of Abraham Perkins, was born in Hampton, New Hampshire, February 28, 1653.
- He settled in Beverly, Massachusetts, in 1675,
- when he married Elizabeth Brown, born October 17, 1654, daughter of Francis Brown.
- He became a resident of Bridgewater, Massachusetts, in 1688, and
- in 1694 erected the first mill at the site of the iron works later known as Lazell, Perkins & Company.
- Of great influence and high character, he became the most prominent man of his section, and the first representative from his town to the general court after the union of the colonies of Plymouth and Massachusetts in 1692. This office he held at different times until 1707.
- His wife died July 14, 1735, and he passed away October 1, 1736.
- His children were Mary, David, Nathan, Abraham and Thomas.
David PERKINS and Elizabeth BROWN were married about 1675 in Beverly, Essex Co., MA.
- Elizabeth BROWN9 was born on Oct 17, 1654 in Beverly, Essex Co., MA. She died on Jul 14, 1735 in Bridgewater, MA.
- Children were:
- Abraham PERKINS.
- Mary PERKINS was born in Beverly, , Massachusetts.51
- David PERKINS.
- Nathan PERKINS.
- He settled in Beverly, Massachusetts, in 1675,
From: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/e/r/Sheen-Renee-Perkins/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0267.html He married (1) Martha Howard. He married (2) Deliverance Perkins. He married (3) Elizabeth Brown on WFT Est. 1670-1702539, daughter of Francis Brown and Mary Edwards.
More About David Perkins: Date born 2: February 28, 1652/53, Hampton, Rockingham, NH, USA.540, 540 Date born 3: February 28, 1653/54541 Died 2: 1736541 Died 3: October 01, 1736, Hampton, Rockingham, NH, USA.542, 542 Died 4: October 01, 1736, Hampton, Rockingham, NH, USA.542
More About David Perkins and Elizabeth Brown: Marriage 1: WFT Est. 1670-1702543 Marriage 2: 1675544 Marriage 3: 1675544 Marriage 4: 1676, Beverly, Essex, MA, USA.544 Marriage 5: 1677544
Children of David Perkins and Elizabeth Brown are: i. David Perkins, b. 1677, Hampton, Rockingham, NH, USA544, 544, d. 1737, Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, USA544, 544. ii. +Abraham Perkins, b. November 11, 1683, Beverly, Rockingham, NH, USA544, 544, 544, d. 1746, South Kingston, RI, USA544, 544. iii. Nathan Perkins, b. September 13, 1685, Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, USA544, d. 1723, Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, USA544, 544. iv. Thomas Perkins, b. May 08, 1688, Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, USA544, d. June 05, 1761, Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, USA544, 544.
David Perkins, I's Timeline
December 28, 1653
Hampton, Rockingham, NH, USA
Beverly, Essex Co, MA
November 12, 1681
September 13, 1685
May 8, 1688
Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, USA
October 1, 1736
Lot Section B, Grave 106, First Cemetery, Bridgewater, Plymouth, MA, USA