Matching family tree profiles for Deborah Babson
About Deborah Babson
John marrried 1st Deborah Stevens, who was born on 23 Oct 1719 at Gloucester.371 Deborah Stevens died at age 32 at Gloucester. The Reverend Samuel Chandler wrote in his journal on 6 Oct 1752, "John Babson's wife [Deborah] died in the evening about 10 o'clock."
Children of John5 Babson (14) and Deborah Stevens all born at Gloucester were as follows:
- i. John6 Babson; born 9 Oct 1739. He died young.
- ii. Capt. Samuel Babson (22), baptized 22 Mar 1740/41; married Lydia Plummer.
- iii. Deborah Babson; baptized Jul 1744; married Charles Fleming 11 Dec 1766 at Gloucester.373
- iv. John Babson III (23); baptized 8 Feb 1746/47; married Hannah Pearson 21 Nov 1775 at Gloucester as "John Babson, 3d;"374 died circa 1791, probably at sea. His name disappears from the ship registers at this time.
- v. Nathaniel Stevens Babson; born 6 Dec 1749. On 2 May 1775 he enlisted in Capt. Ezra Lunt's Co. of Col. Moses Little's Reg't., and served at Bunker Hill; the muster roll is dated 1 Aug 1775. He re-enlisted in Capt. Samuel Ward's Co. fo Arnold's expedition to Quebec and was captured during the night assault of 31 Dec 1775. No further record has been found.
- vi. James Stevens Babson; baptized 19 Apr 1752. He was only six months old when his mother died on 6 Oct 1752.