Donald Martin Anderson
|Also Known As:||"Don"|
|Birthplace:||Elliott, Ford Co, Illinois|
|Death:||Died in Urbana, Champaign Co, Illinois|
|Cause of death:||Lung cancer with Pancreatic Cancer primary site|
|Place of Burial:||Gibson City, Ford Co, Illinois|
Son of Lawrence Knute Anderson and Agnes (Carlson) Anderson
|Managed by:||Patricia Ann Scoggin|
Historical records matching Donald Martin Anderson
About Donald Martin Anderson
Find a Grave @: 63395840; http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=63395840
Donald Martin Anderson
- Birth: Jul. 17, 1920 in Elliott, Ford County, Illinois, USA
- Death: Jun. 11, 1967 in Urbana, Champaign County, Illinois, USA
- Donald married Cecelia Mae Popett 27 Jul 1942.
- He was a Civil Service Employee at Chanute Field for 2 years before being inducted into the US Army on 30 July 1942. He left for camp 13 August 1942. At the time of his marriage he was at Scott field, Belleville. In the Army July 1942-Feb 1946.
- Lawrence Knute Anderson (1896 - 1971)
- Agnes Otilia Carlson Anderson (1894 - 1945)
- Spouse: Cecelia Mae Poplett Anderson (1918 - 1981)*
- Children: Sandra Lee Anderson Rollins (1948 - 1992)*
- Maurice Edward Anderson (1919 - 1992)*
- Donald Martin Anderson (1920 - 1967)
- Gayle Edmund Anderson (1939 - 2001)*
- Burial: Drummer Township Cemetery in Gibson City, Ford County, Illinois, USA
- Grave site Div 7; lot 40; Space 3; moved from Div 4; Lot 286; Space 8 on 6-16-81; m Cecelia M Poplett
- He was a Civil Service Employee at Chanute Field in Rantoul, Illinois for 2 years before being inducted into the US Army on 30 July 1942.
- He left for camp 13 August 1942.
- He married Cecelia Poplett 28 Jul 1942 in Palmira, Missouri while he was in the Army after going together for 4 years as he thought he was going to be shipped overseas. At the time of his marriage he was at Scott field, Belleville.
- He never was transferred overseas.
- [Believe he was in the military police & was transferred to numerous stateside places: somewhere in the south, Detroit, Michigan, and finally to Virginia where Cecelia joined him after she graduated from St Joseph School of Nursing in Bloomington, Illinois. I remember she said my name should have been "Virginia" as that is where I was conceived. I don't remember all of the places he was stationed but do remember that mom said they prepared for him to be shipped overseas numerous times only to receive a message from him that he was somewhere else stateside!/pscoggin, dtr]
- In the Army July 1942-Feb 1946.
Obituary from Newspaper--Gibson City, Ill., Courier, Thurs., June 15, 1967- 3A:
- Elliott Resident Dies Sunday
- Donald M. Anderson, 46, died at 4:20 a.m. Sunday at Mercy Hospital, Urbana. He had been a patient for two months.
- His funeral was at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at Pontoppidan Lutheran Church, Rev. Benjamin Ostrem officiating.
- Burial was in Drummer Township Cemetery.
- Honorary pallbearers were Dale Wilmer, Joe Wallis and Kermit Bedel. Active pallbearers were bruce Cothern, Robert (Buzz) Bell, Kenneth Meredith; Leonard Bennett, Sr., harvey Rutledge and Wally Arends.
- Masonic rites were held at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
- Mr. Anderson was born July 17, 1920, at Elliott,
- a son of Laurence and Agnus Carlson Anderson.
- He married Cecelia Poplett July 28, 1942, at Palmyra, MO.
- Surviving are his wife; two daughters, Miss Patricia Ann, Urbana; Miss Sandra Lee, Champaign; a son, Roger Don, at home; his father, Lawrence, Elliott; and two brothers, Maurice, Chicago; and Gayle, Elliott.
- His mother preceded him in death.
- Mr Anderson was a lifelong resident of Elliott area;
- a world War II veteran; and
- a member of the Lutheran Church, Masons, Bloomington Consistory Eastern Star, Rotary Club and Ford County Farm Bureau.
Donald Martin Anderson's Timeline
July 17, 1920
Elliott, Ford Co, Illinois
July 28, 1942
Palmyra, Marion, Missouri, United States
October 3, 1948
Champaign, Champaign, IL, USA
June 11, 1967
Urbana, Champaign Co, Illinois
June 14, 1967
Gibson City, Ford Co, Illinois
Gibson City, Illinois, United States