Dorothy Kempe (Harris)
|Birthplace:||Crixeth, Essex, England|
|Death:||Died in Finchingfield Parish, Essex, England|
|Managed by:||Todd Jeffrey Kirk|
Matching family tree profiles for Dorothy Kempe
view all 17
About Dorothy Kempe
'Plantagenet ancestry: a study in colonial and medieval families By Douglas Richardson, Kimball G. Everingham
- Pg. 415
- JOAN MUNCHENSEY, married RICHARD WALDEGRAVE, Knt., of Smalbridge (in Bures St. Mary), Suffolk.
- WILLIAM DE WALDEGRAVE, Knt., of Smalbridge (in Bures St. Mary), Suffolk, married JOAN DOREWARD.
- THOMAS WALDEGRAVE, Knt., of Smalbridge (in Bures St. Mary), Suffolk, married ELIZABETH FRAY.
- WILLIAM WALDEGRAVE, Knt., of Smallbridge (in Bures St. Mary), Suffolk, married MARGERY WENTWORTH (desc. King John).
- GEORGE WALDEGRAVE, Knt., of Smallbridge (in Bures St. Mary), Suffolk, married ANNE DRURY (desc. King Edward I).
- WILLIAM WALDEGRAVE, Knt., of Smallbridge (in Bures St. Mary), Suffolk, married JULIAN RAYNSFORD (desc. Geoffrey Plantagenet) [see WALDEGRAVE 14].
- 15. DOROTHY WALDEGRAVE, married ARTHUR HARRIS, Esq., of Woodham Mortimer and Creeksea, Essex, son of William Harris, Esq., of Southminster, Essex, by his 2nd wife, Joan Cooke, of Bocking, Essex. He was son and heir to his mother. They had one son, William, Knt., and one daughter, Dorothy. ARTHUR HARRIS, Esq., left a will proved 29 Nov. 1626 (P.C.C. 121 Hele). . . . . . .
- ' 16 DOROTHY HARRIS, married about 1596 ROBERT KEMPE, Esq., of Gissing, Norfolk, son and heir of Richard Kempe, Esq., of Wasbrooke, Suffolk, and Gissing, by Alice, daughter of Philip Cockerham, Esq., of Hampstead, Middlesex. He was baptized at Hampstead in 1567. He entered Gray's Inn 9 May 1582, becoming a barrister-at-law. They had eight sons, Robert, Knt. [1st Baronet], John, Richard, Arthur (clerk), Edward, Edmund, Thomas, and Matthew, and three daughters, including Dorothy (wife of William Jackman) and Elizabeth (wife of William Kempe, Knt.). ROBERT KEMPE, Esq., died testate (P.C.C. 46 Capell) 23 Oct. 1612, and was buried at Gissing, Norfolk, His widow, Dorothy, left a will dated 1626 (P.C.C. 120 Hele). . . . . .
- Sir Arthur Harris was born c. 1530 in the county of Essex, England.
- He married Dorothy Waldegrave of Smallbridge, who was the daughter of Sir William Waldegrave and Julia Reynsford.
- It has been established that Sir Arthur Harris lived in the villages of Creeksea, Woodham Mortimer, Cold Norton and the City of London. Sir Arthur Harris is credited with building the manor house Creeksea Place in Creeksea, Essex. Sir Arthur was the High Sheriff of Essex in 1589, a justice of the peace, and one of the Commissioners appointed in 1577 to enquire into piratical practices along the Essex coast.
- Sir Arthur Harris died July 7, 1597 and is buried at St. Mary's Church in Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex.
- Children of Sir Arthur Harris and Dorothy Waldegrave
- '1.Dorothy Harris - b. 1561 in Essex, died 1626. Married Robert Kempe.
- 2.Sir William Harris
- See also
- Harris Surname DNA Project
- External links
- The Harris Family
view all 13
Dorothy Kempe's Timeline
Crixeth, Essex, England
Creeksea Parish, Essex, England
Gissing, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
May 28, 1609
Gissing, Norfolk, England
Finchingfield Parish, Essex, England
Little Walsingham, Norfolk, England