About Thomas Ferran Frist, Jr.
Thomas Frist, Jr. became chairman and chief executive of Hospital Corporation of America in 1997.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is the largest private operator of health care facilities in the world. It is based in Nashville, Tennessee
Thomas F. Frist, Jr. was born to Thomas F. Frist, Sr. in Nashville, Tennessee. He graduated from Vanderbilt University and received an MD from Washington University in St. Louis. He worked as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force
Thomas Frist, Jr.
- AKA Thomas Fearn Frist, Jr.
Born: c. 1939
- Gender: Male
- Race or Ethnicity: White
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Occupation: Business
- Nationality: United States
- Executive summary: Co-Founder of HCA
- Military service: USAF (flight surgeon)
- Estimated net worth, $1.7B (Forbes, 2006).
- Father: Thomas Fearn Frist, Sr. (doctor, b. 15-Dec-1910, d. 4-Jan-1998)
- Mother: Dorothy Cate Frist (b. 6-Sep-1910, d. 6-Jan-1998)
- Brother: Bill Frist (US Senator)
- Wife: Patricia C. Frist ("Trish", two sons)
- Son: Thomas F. Frist III
- Son: William
* University: Vanderbilt University
- Medical School: MD, Washington University
- HCA CEO (1997-2001)
- HCA Vice Chairman (1995-97)
- HCA President and CEO (1988-94)
- Member of the Board of HCA (1988-, as Chairman, 1988-94 and 1997-02, continuing)
- Bush-Cheney '04
- The Business Council
- Common Good Advisory Board
- The Frist Foundation Chairman
- George W. Bush for President
- New Republican Majority Fund
- Santorum 2006
- Volunteer PAC