|Death:||Died in At Sea - Titanic Casualty|
|Managed by:||June Barnes|
About Dr. William Edward Minahan
- Name: Dr William Edward Minahan
- Born: Saturday 20th April 1867
- Age: 44 years
- Last Residence: in Fond du Lac Wisconsin United States
- Occupation: Merchant
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked:
- Ticket No. 19928 , £90
- Cabin No.: C78
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 230)
- Buried: Green Bay Wisconsin United States on Thursday 2nd May 1912.
Dr William Edward Minahan, 44, was born on 20 April 1867, the son of Irish immigrants William B. Minahan and Mary Shaughnessy. He later became a well known physician in Fon du Lac, Wisconsin.
Minahan boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as first class passenger (Ticket No. 19928, £90), together with his wife Lillian and sister Daisy. They occupied cabin C-78.
NO. 230. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 6O. - HAIR, GREY.
CLOTHING - Black suit and overcoat.
EFFECTS - Pocketbook; papers; gold watch, "Dr. W. E. Minahan"; keys; knife; fountain pen; clinical thermometer; memo book; tie pin; diamond ring; gold cuff link; nickel watch; comb; check book; American Express; $380; 1 collar button £16 10s. in gold; 14 shillings; nail clipper.
FIRST CLASS PASSENGER.
NAME - DR. W. E. MINAHAN.
The body was forwarded to V. J. Minahan (probably his brother Victor), Green Bay, Wisconsin on May 2, 1912. He is buried at Green Bay.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Lillian E. Minahan
- Miss Daisy E. Minahan
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55) Green Bay Press-Gazette, 20 March 1998 Maurice McKenna (1912) Past and Present of Fond du Lac County [Wisconsin], Volume II. S. J. Clarke Publ. Co., Chicago. (p. 5)
- John Frey Phillip Gowan, USA Thomas J Hawley Lisa Bertrand Moore, USA Hermann Söldner, Germany Craig Stringer, UK Geoff Whitfield, UK
Dr. William Edward Minahan's Timeline
April 20, 1867
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty