|Birthplace:||Bedwellty, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, England|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
Son of Thomas Morgan, Esq and Elizabeth Vaughan
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Edmond Morgan
- Edmund MORGAN
- Born: ABT 1514, Machen, Bedwellty, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, England
- Died: BEF May 1595
- Father: Thomas MORGAN (Esq.)
- Mother: Elizabeth VAUGHAN
- Married 1: Jonet Verch MATHEW
- Married 2: Elizabeth STRADLING (b. ABT 1515) (dau. of Sir Edward Stradling and Felice Gwynn)
- Married 3: Elizabeth CARNE (b. ABT 1515)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/MORGAN.htm#Edmund MORGAN1
- Edmund Morgan1,2,3
- M, #77691, b. circa 1514, d. before May 1595
- Father Thomas Morgan, Esq.1,4 b. c 1482, d. a 1538
- Mother Elizabeth Vaughn1,4 b. c 1485
- Edmund Morgan was born circa 1514 at of Bedwellty, Monmouthshire, Wales. He married Elizabeth Stradling, daughter of Sir Edward Stradling and Felice Gwyn ferch John ap Llwyd Kemeys, circa 1540; They had 4 sons and 1 daughter (Mary, wife of John Thomas of Llanbradach, & of Rees Prichard of Llancayach).1,2,3 Edmund Morgan died before May 1595.1
- Family Elizabeth Stradling b. c 1519
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 709.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 119.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 186.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 185-186.
- From: : http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2586.htm#i77691
- MORGAN, Thomas (1564-1645), of Graig Olwy, Llangyfiw, Mon., Michaelston Fedwy, Mon. and Rhiwperra Castle, Llanfihangel-y-fedw, Glam.
- b. Oct. 1564,1 7th s. of Edmund Morgan (d. by 1595) of Penllwyn Sarph, Mynyddislwyn, Mon., being his 1st s. with his 3rd w. Elizabeth, da. of Richard Carne of Nash, Cowbridge, Glam. and wid. of Richard Gwyn.2 educ. ?Jesus, Oxf. 1584; M. Temple 1608.3 m. c.1586 Margaret, da. and h. of Rowland Lewis of Rhiwperra, 7s. (1 d.v.p.) 5da. (1 d.v.p.).4 kntd. 7 Aug. 1623.5 d.1645.6 sig. Th[omas] Morgan.
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1604-1629/member/morgan-thomas-1564-1645
- A history of the family of Morgan, from the year 1089 to present times ([1902?])
- VIII. LLEWELYN ap IVOR of Tredegar, Lord of St Clear, married Angharad, daughter of Sir Morgan ap Meredith, from the Welsh Lords of Caerleon, ap Griffith ap Meredith ap Rhys, who bore "Argent a lion rampant sable." Sir Morgan died 1332, when Angharad was aged 32. They had : 1. Morgan. 2. Ivor Hael, whence MORGAN OF GWERN-Y-CLEPPA. 3. Philip, whence LEWIS OF ST. PIERRE.
- IX. MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, married Maud, daugter of Rhun ap Grono ap Llwarch, Lord of Cibwr. He died before 1384. Issue: 1. Llewelyn. 2. Philip, whence MORGAN OF LANGSTONE. 3. John, father of Gwenllian, married David Goch ap David, 4. Christian, married Jevan ap Jenkin Kemeys. 5. Ann, married David Gwilim David of Rhiwperra. 6. Margaret, married Traherne ap Meyric of Merthyr. 7. A daughter, married Thomas ap Gwillim of Carnllwyd. 8. Elenor, married Grono ap Howel Bennet.
- X. LLEWELYN ap MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, living 1387, married Jenet daughter and heir of David-vychan ap David of Rhydodyn, 1384-87. Issue: 1. Jevan. 2. Christy, married Madoc ap Jevan of Gelligaer. 3. —— , married Roger ap Adam of St. Mellon's. 4. —— , married Madoc of Bassalleg. 5. —— , married Thomas Llewelyn. 6. Ann, married John ap Jenkin. 7. —— , married —— of Raglan. 8. —— , married —— of Builth.
- XI. JEVAN MORGAN, 1415-48, married Denise, or Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas ap Llewelyn-vychan of Lllangattog-on-Usk. Issue: 1. John. 2. David, 1442-48. 3. Jenkyn, 1454.
- XII. SIR JOHN MORGAN, Knight of the Sepulchre, 1448, steward of Gwentlloog ; married Jenet, daughter and co-heir of John ap David Mathew of Llandaff. Issue: 1. Morgan. 2. Thomas, whence MORGAN OF MACHEN AND TREDEGAR. 3. John, whence a BRANCH. 4. Lewis, 1491. 5. William Morgan, coroner, 1501, father or John of Newport, died 1541, father of William, 1541-1559. 6. Philip, 1491. 7. Elizabeth, married John Fiennes;
- Lord Clinton and Say. 8. Jane, married William David Powel. 9. Mary, married Thomas Llewelyn-vychan of Rhiwperra. 10. Isabella, married James Kemeys of Began, ob. 1591.
- XIII. SIR MORGAN JOHN, knighted 22 June, 1497. after Blackheath ; died in 1504; married Margaret, daughter of Sir Thomas Morgan of Pencoyd. Issue : 1. John. 2. Margaret.
- XIV. JOHN MORGAN, ....
- MORGAN OF MACHEN AND TREDEGAR.
- XIII. THOMAS, second son of Sir John Morgan, was of Machen; esquire of the body to Henry VII.; living 1538; married Elizabeth, daughter of Roger Vaughan of Porthaml. Issue: 1. Rowland. 2. Reynold, whence MORGAN OF LLANVEDW. 3. John, whence MORGAN OF BASSALLEG. 4. Edmond, whence MORGAN OF PENLLWYN-SARTH. 5. Margaret, married 1st John Kemeys, 2d William Edmunds. 6. Barbara, married Sir Henry Seymour. 7. Maud, married John ap Rosser. 8, Jane, married 1st William Gunter, 2d Richard ap Jenkin, 3d William Vaughan of Magor. 9. Constance, married William
- Jones of Treowen. 10. Mary, married 1st Edward Williams, 2d Richard Herbert. 11. Elizabtth, married Edward James.
- XIV. ROWLAND MORGAN of Machen, 1517-77, married Blanch, daughter of John Thomas of Llanarth. Settlement 11 Nov. 1517; sheriff 1557. Issue: 1. Thomas, 2. Henry, whence MORGAN OF ST. MELLON'S. 3. Catherine, married 1st Thomas Mathew, 2d Miles Morgan, 3d Henry Jones. 4. Ann, married Philip Morgan of Gwern-y-Cieppa. 5. Mary, married Thomas Lewis of Rhiwperra. 6. Elizabeth, married Edward Kemeys of Cefn Mably.
Edmond Morgan's Timeline
Bedwellty, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, England
January 22, 1940
May 21, 1940
January 8, 1946