About Edward Bishop, Ill, Escaped Salem Witch
Conventional thought holds that
- Edward Bishop III was the grandson of the Immigrant Edward Bishop and the son of Edward Bishop Jr.
- Edward Bishop and his wife Sarah were jailed following an accusation of witchcraft during the troubles in Salem in 1692.
- They were able to break out of the Boston jail and went away for a while.
- Their son Samuel redeemed their property.
- Boyer, Paul; Stephen Nissenbaum. "Search: for all instances/references to the name Edward Bishop Jr.". The Salem Witchcraft Papers: Verbatim Transcripts of the Legal Documents of the Salem Witchcraft Outbreak of 1692. Benjamin Ray, The University of Virginia. Retrieved 2008-01-04. Salem Witchcraft with an account of Salem Village and a history of opinions on Witchcraft and Kindred Subjects. Charles W. Upham, NY: Frederick Unger Pub Co, 1978, 2 VV.