Edwin S. Baldwin
|Also Known As:||"Ed", "Edward"|
|Birthplace:||Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA|
|Death:||Died in prob. Kansas, USA|
|Managed by:||Harrison Victor Baldwin|
Historical records matching Edwin S. Baldwin
About Edwin S. Baldwin
Edin S. Baldwin house. Photo taken 12/31/1897. Provided by Leta Knauss.
Edwin S. Baldwin, son of Sewall Baldwin and Rebecca Hyde was b. Nov.1838 in Cambridge, Mass.; married Feb. 24,1863 with JOSEPHINE D. BLACK, dau. of Horace Black and Betsey Joy. She was b. 1843 in Vermont.. They married on Feb.24, 1863 in Putney, Vt. He was, at the time, a farmer in Putney.They lived in Putney before removing to Marlboro, New Hampshire for a while. Between 1880 and 1910 they were living in Newton City, Kansas, and then Wichita, Kansas. After his death, Josephine was living, in 1920, in San Bernardino, Calif with dau. Ada (Baldwin) Weber and family. He died between 1910 and 1920, probably in Kansas.
Children were: Carrie J. (b 1865 Vt) and Ada Marie (b 9/11/1876 NH)
- 1850 census: Edward (see notes re name) , aged 12, in Putney, Vt. w mother and sisters. He was b. Mass.
- 1863 marriage record: Edwin S. Baldwin m Josephine D. Black. He was aged 25; farmer, residing in Putney; s/o Sewall & Rebecca Baldwin. Marriage in Putney,Vt. on 2/24/1863.
'It is noted that census and LDS records list him as Edward Baldwin, husband of Josephine D. Baldwin from 1870 to 1900 and also that his middle initial goes from S to L...which is understandable with script. The 1910 census, however, DOES list him as Edwin S. and all this data corresponds with the prior census information. I deduce that Edward=Edwin, and deduce that he went by Ed; which was misinterpreted as Edward. Further, the 1900 states that Josephine has been married 37 years (1900-37=1863, the year Josephine D. Black m. Edwin S. Baldwin.'
- 1870 census: Edward (32) and Josephine (27) in Putney, Vt w dau. Carrie (5). He is a farmer. Dau. Carrie b. Vt.
- 1880 census: Edward S. (43) and Josephine D. (37) in Marlboro, NH with ch. Carrie J. (15) and Ada M. (3). He b. Mass; Josephine b. Vt. Ada b. NH.
- 1900 census: Edward L. (read Edwin S), aged (62) with Josephine D. (57). He b. Mass 11/1838; she b. Vt. 2/1843. They are in Newton City, Harvey, Kansas. With them are dau. Ada M. Weber b. 9/1876 NH and her husband Charles W. Weber (b Ohio, 12/1873) and their son Edward H. (b 1/1900 Kansas).Edward/Edwin is a farmer.
- 1910 census: Edwin S. (72) and Josephine D. (67) in Wichita, Kansas. He b. Mass., she b. Vermont.
Edwin S. Baldwin's Timeline
Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
February 24, 1863
Putney, Windham, VT, USA
March 15, 1865
Putney, Windham, Vermont, United States
September 11, 1876
probably Marlborough, Cheshire County, NH, USA
prob. Kansas, USA