About Efroim or Meir Frankel
I believe that this ancestor's given name is Efroim. See below. Hirsh, Meir, and Leib are listed as sons of Efroim. Their father would have been born circa 1744. He would not have named a son Meir if his name were Meir.
In addition, also see below, great grandsons were named Efroim.
Y-DNA is G2a3b1a1b1a (his 6th great grandson and a related branch of Frankel family from Ratynicia were tested).
Father of three sons:
- Hirsh (Girsh) born 1762, married to Dina
- Meir born 1765, may have died unmarried
- Leiba born 1771, married to ?
Efroim is listed as the father of Hirsh, Meir, and Leiba in the Trakai District Revision Lists.
There are three great grandsons named Efroim:
- Efroim (c. 1825) son of David son of Leiba son of Efroim
- Efroim (1812) son of Shlomo son of Hirsh son of Efroim
- Efroim (1841) son of Zorach Faivish son of Hirsh son of Efroim
Efroim is a name that shows up later in the Frankel family as well, likely named after one of the above Efroims.
Efroim was born circa 1746. I am assuming a young age of marriage and fatherhood in the 1700s so this is based only on the birth dates of Hirsh, Meir, and Leiba. Efraim died before 1812, say in his sixties or early seventies, which was common for this family.