About Einar Gervasius Karlsson
- Name: Mr Einar Gervasius Karlsson
- Born: Thursday 19th June 1890
- Age: 21 years
- Last Residence: in Oskarshamn Småland Sweden
- Occupation: Military
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 350053 , £7 15s 11d
- Destination: Brooklyn New York United States
- Rescued (boat 13)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Saturday 12th April 1958
Mr Einar Gervasius Karlsson, 21, was born on 19 June, 1890. He came from Oscarshamn, Småland, Sweden. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton, he was travelling to 449 bergen St. Brooklyn, New York.
Einar Karlsson had earlier been a professional soldier but had decided to emigrate, he got an emigration certificate on 27 March. He travelled with Johan Charles Asplund. According Karlsson's own acount he jumped into the water and was picked up by a boat, but most likely he just stepped into lifeboat 13 as very few non-crew members were ever picked up. He also told that he fell to sleep in the boat and woke only when the boat reached the Carpathia.
Karlsson later recieved $25 from the Salvation Army Fund in New York.
References Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Leif Snellman, Finland