About Eleanor fitz John
Eleanor fitz John died after 11 March 1549/50.
Parents: daughter of Reverend John fitz Thomas, 12th Knight of Glin.2
- She married Murrough O'Brien, (d. bef. 28 October 1551) 1st Earl of Thomond, son of Turlogh O'Brien, Prince of Thomond and Raghnailt Macnamara.
Children of Eleanor fitz John and Murrough O'Brien, 1st Earl of Thomond
- Donough O'Brien+ d. 6 Sep 1582
- Dermod O'Brien, 2nd Baron of Inchiquin+ d. 1 May 1557
- Teige O'Brien+ d. 1577
- Torlogh O'Brien d. 1542
- Honora O'Brien+
- Slany O'Brien+1
- Margaret O'Brien+3
[# S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume VII, page 208. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- [S47] Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd, editor, Burke's Irish Family Records (London, U.K.: Burkes Peerage Ltd, 1976). Hereinafter cited as Burke's Irish Family Records.
- [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume III, page 229.