Elin Ester Maria Braf
|Birthplace:||Medeltorp, Ramkvilla, Småland, Sweden|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Elin Ester Maria Braf
About Elin Ester Maria Braf
- Name: Miss Elin Ester Maria Braf
- Born: Friday 16th October 1891
- Age: 20 years
- Last Residence: in Medeltorp Småland Sweden
- Occupation: Servant
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347471 , £7 17s 1d
- Destination: Chicago Illinois United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Miss Elin Ester Maria Braf, 20, was born on 16 October 1891 the daughter of Johan and Lovisa Braf from Medeltorp, Ramkvilla, Småland, Sweden.
Elin Braf and Helmina Josefina Nilsson travelled from Ramkvilla. Elin was travelling to her sister, Mrs Annie Hammar, 1006 Roscoc St. Chicago. They boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers.
According to Helmina, Elin had been in USA earlier, she was accustomed to travel and that was the reason Helmina's parents let her go together with Elin. This information has not been confirmed. There is an other name Elin's sister mentioned: Mrs Tille Wright. Elin had in her baggage a doll meant for her niece Mabel. The doll seem to have been kept separate from the rest of the luggage and Helmina hinted later in an interview that Elin had brought the packet with the doll with her up on deck. Elin died but a doll head has been photographed in the debris field near the stern of the wreck where most of the steerage spent their final moments.
Elin's body was never found.
Mansion House Fund paid 875.52 Kr (£48) to parents, 911 Kr (£50) damage claims paid to parents 8 June 1914.
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Leif Snellman, Finland