About Elizabeth Trafford (Assheton)
Elizabeth De Assheton
- Birth: ABT 1431 in Ashton-Lyne, Lancashire, England 1
- Death: 1490
- Father: Sir Thomas "the Alchemist" De Assheton b: 1398 in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England
- Mother: Elizabeth Byron b: ABT 1406 in Clayton, South Manchester, Lancashire, England
- Sir John Trafford b: ABT 1420 in Trafford, Lancashire, England
- Sir Edmund Trafford b: ABT 1454 in Trafford, Lancashire, England
- Anne Trafford b: ABT 1465 in Trafford, Lancashire, England
- william venables.ged 2005
- 'A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great ..., Volume 4
- Pg. 248
- EDMOND TRAFFORD, who was knighted by HENRY VI. at Whitsuntide, in 1426. He m. Alice, eldest daughter and co-heir of Sir William Venable, knight of Bolyn, by Joan, his wife, daughter of John Massey, of Tatton, and had issue,
- JOHN, (Sir) his heir.
- Joan, m. first, in 1429, to James Byron, grandson of Sir John Byron, and secondly, in 1443, to William, son and heir of Sir Alexander Radcliffe, of Ordsall.
- Dulcia, m. in 1438, to Sir John Ashton, of Ashton.
- Sir Edmond lived until 1457, when he was s. by his son,
- ' SIR JOHN TRAFFORD, knighted about the year 1444, who m. Elizabeth, daughter of Sir Thomas Ashton, knight, of Ashton, and had issue,
- EDMOND, (Sir) his heir.
- William, who had lands given him by his mother and nephew. He died in 1518.
- Dulcia, m. to Hugh Bulkeley, of Whatcroft, ancestor to the Lords Bulkeley.
- 'Sir John died in 1488, and was s. by his son.
- SIR EDMOND TRAFFORD, who was made a knight of the Bath in 1495. He m. Margaret, daughter of Sir John Savage of Clifton, and widow of John Hanford, of Hanford, and had issue, ....
- Pg. 400
- .... SIR JOHN RADCLYFFE, knt. of Catherton, married twice: by his second wife, Elizabeth, daughter of John Knyvett of Thirling, he had a son, EDMUND, ancestor of the Radclyffes of Broad Clist, in Devonshire; and by his first wife, Mary, daughter of Sir Thomas Tunstal, knt. of Tunstal, he had a son, JOHN, who m. Katherine, daughter of Richard Molyneux, of Sefton, and left three daughters his co-heirs, namely JOAN, m. to Edmund Ashton, esq. second son of Sir Thomas Ashton, knt. of Ashton-under-Line: MARGARET, m. to Ralph Standish, esq. of Standish; and ELIZABETH, m. to Robert Radclyffe, second son of Alexander Radclyffe, esq. of Ordsall.
- 'Elizabeth Ashton1
- F, #368933
- Last Edited=19 Jun 2009
- ' Elizabeth Ashton is the daughter of Sir Thomas Ashton.2 She married Sir John Trafford, son of Sir Edmond Trafford and Alice Venables.1
- ' Her married name became Trafford.
- 'Children of Elizabeth Ashton and Sir John Trafford
- 1.Sir Edmond Trafford+2 d. 1514
- 2.William Trafford2 d. 1518
- 3.Dulcia Trafford2
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1114. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p36894.htm#i368933
Name: Elizabeth [@] de Ashton
Birth: ABT 1431 in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England
Father: Sir Thomas [@] de Ashton b: 1398 in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England
Mother: Elizabeth [@] Byron b: ABT 1406 in Clayton, South Manchester, Lancashire, England
Marriage 1 Sir John [@] de Trafford b: ABT 1420 in Trafford, Lancashire, England
Sir Edmond [@] de Trafford b: 12 MAY 1442 in Trafford, Lancashire, England
Elizabeth Trafford's Timeline
Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England
May 12, 1442
Trafford, Lancashire, England
Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire, England
Trafford, Lancashire , England
Trafford Near, Manchester, Lancashire, England