About Elizabeth Millar
1. Scotland Census Schedules, 3/4 Apr 1881. " Name: Lizzie Smith Age: 18 Estimated birth year: abt 1863 Relationship: Boarder Gender: Female Where born: Duntocher, Dumbartonshire Registration Number: 493 Registration district: Bonhill Civil parish: Bonhill County: Dumbartonshire Address: 61 Main St Occupation: Print Field Worker ED: 5 Page: 16 Household schedule number: 87 Line: 7 Roll: cssct1881_142
under house hold of:
Name: John Howett Age: 27 Estimated birth year: abt 1854 Relationship: Head Spouse's name : Cath Gender: Male
Where born: Busby, Lanarkshire Registration Number: 493 Registration district: Bonhill Civil parish: Bonhill County: Dumbartonshire Address: 61 Main St Occupation: Printer (Compositer) ED: 5 Page: 16 Household schedule number: 87 Line: 2 Roll: cssct1881_142."
2. Passenger Lists, Boston, Massachusetts Microfilm Roll Number: 195, 1913. "Name: Elizabeth Burns Arrival Date: 5 Jun 1913 Age: 48 Years Estimated birth year: abt 1865 Gender: Female Ethnic Background: Scotch (Scotish) Port of Departure: Glasgow, Scotland Ship Name: Numidian Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts Friend's Name: Wm N Burns Last Residence: Scotland Birthplace: Dumbarton, Scotland Microfilm Roll Number: 195 SS Numidian Sailed from Glasgow 23 May 1913
Burns, Elizabeth 48 F. M housekeeper
Burns David B. 22 M, S, farmer
Burns, Lly (crossed out) Ezabeth___ 19 F, S M___
Burns, Jesse E. 12 F, S, ----- can read and write, British, Scotch, Scotland, Klimarnock, Fath David
Burns 9 Arbuckle RI Pawtucket." Note on ship;
Numidian 1891 1914 sold to British Admiralty, scuttled as blockship. (picture).
3. © 1999-2002 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. /http://www.familysearch.org v.2.5.0, International Genealogical Index, microfich, and internet. "
ELIZABETH MILLAR Birth: 19 OCT 1861 Dumbarton, Dunbarton, Scotland Parents: Father: WILLIAM MILLAR
Mother: ALISHA SMITH
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C114961 1855 - 1867 6035516 REGISTER Film NONE Sheet: 00."
4. Entry in A Register of Births, No. 303, General Registry Office for Scotland, New Register House, Edinburgh, EH# 5QZ Scotland. "
Twin No. 303; Elizabeth Millar; 1861 October Nineteenth 6h 40m am 5 William St. Dennystown; f; William Millar Railway porter, Alisha Millar M.L. Smith, 1850 June 4th Bonhill; (signed) William Millar Father (present); 1861 October 20th at Dumbarton (Signed) Wm. Jardine, Registrar; Extracted from the Register Book of Births for the Burgh of Dumbarton in the county of Dumbarton 1st day of August 1935."
5. Death Certificates of State of Massachusetts, Year 1935, Vol. 33 pg. 471, No. 461. "Commonwealth of Massachuesetts Executive Office of Human Services State Department of Public Health Registry of Vital Records and Statistics.#471 Registerd #461 Place of Death: Suffolk, Chelsa 123 Washington Ave. Name: Elizabeth Burns Residence: 123 Washington Ave. 21 years; sex female; color white; married; husband: David Burns; Age: 72; housewife; Born: Dunsbarton Scotland; Father: William Millar born Scotland; Mother: Elicia Smith born Ireland; Informant: Mr. David Burns 123 Washington Ave. Chelsea; M. E. Regan Clerk filed Oct. 1, 1935; date of death: Sept 30, 1935; cause of death: Arterio sclerosis, diabetes, chronic myocarditis; A. C. Benjamin 816 Broadway Chelsea 10/1/35; burial: Oct 3, 1935 undertaker: Albert F. Douglas 242 Washington Ave. Chelsea; Filed October 1, 1935 Richard R. ___; Issued 22 Jul. 1986 , Certificate #A118458; Year 1935 Vol. 33 pg. 471 No. 461."
6. Chelsa Record, The, Year 1935, Vol. 33 pg. 471, No. 461, Wednesday 2 Oct 1935. "Reident Here for 21 Years - Mrs. Elizabeth Burns, wife of David Burns, 123 Washington Ave., a resident of this city for the last 21 years. died Monday night at her home, in her 73rd year. She was born in Dunbarton, Scotland, daughter of the late William and Elishia Miller (nee Smith). The deceased was a woman of sterling qualities and was a member of Central Congregational Church. Besides her husband, she is survived by two sons, James E. Burns of Indiana and William M. Burns of New York; also by two daughters, Mrs. Charles Hatch of Saylesville, R.I., and Mrs. Harold Rafuse of Valley Falls, R.I. Six grandchildren and one great-grandchild also survive. Funeral services will be held in her home at 1 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, Rev. Leslie H. Perdiau, pastor of Central Congregational Church, will officate and burial will be in the family lot in Moshasshuck Cemetery, Pawtucket, R.I."
7. Records of Moshassuck Cemetery Corporation, Letter dated 16 May 1986, Year 1935, Vol. 33 pg. 471, No. 461, Wednesday 2 Oct 1935, Moshassuck Cemetery Corporation, 978 Lonsdale Avenue, Central Falls, Rhode Island 02863. 978 Lonsdale Ave Central Falls, Providence County, Rhode Island USA, Postal Code: 02863-1719, Phone: 401-723-1087. "Elizabeth Burns - Died, September 30, 1935 in Chelsea, Mass., 72 years old. She was buried October 1, 1935 in Section K Single Grave #65 Ex-Deep. Funeral home was A. F. DOuglas."
8. Death Certificates of State of Massachusetts, #471, Registered No. 461. date of burial is given as 3 Oct. 1935.
Elizabeth Millar's Timeline
October 19, 1861
Dumbarton, Dumbartonshire, Scotland
December 14, 1886
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland
May 22, 1888
Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
January 13, 1890
Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
July 15, 1894
June 27, 1898
Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
September 30, 1935
Chelsa, Suffolk, Massachusetts