Elizabeth's Top Matches
About Elizabeth Rittenhouse Parker (Porter)
1. Andrew PORTER (Robert PORTER1) was born 24 Sep 1743 orcester, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, , and died 16 Nov 1813 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
He married Elizabeth MCDOWELL 10 Mar 1767. She died 9 Apr 1773.
He married Elizabeth PARKER 20 May 1777, daughter of William PARKER and Elizabeth TODD. She was born 23 Aug 1751, and died 15 May 1821.
His father, Robert, emigrated to this country from Londonderry, Ireland, in 1720, settled in Londonderry, New Hampshire, and afterward bought land in Montgomery county, Pennsylvania... Children of Andrew PORTER and Elizabeth MCDOWELL are:
- 2 i. Robert PORTER was born 10 Jan 1768, and died 23 Jun 1842 in Brookville, Pennsylvania.
- + 3 ii. Elizabeth Rittenhouse PORTER was born 27 Sep 1769, and died 21 Jan 1850 in Lexington, Kentucky. She married Robert Porter PARKER 16 Mar 1789 in Arlington, Kentucky, son of James PARKER and Mary TODD. He was born 12 Oct 1760, and died 5 Mar 1800 in Lexington, Kentucky.
- + 4 iii. Mary PORTER was born 13 Mar 1771. She married Robert PORTER.
- 5 iv. Andrew PORTER was born 9 Apr 1773, and died 11 Oct 1805.
- 6 v. William PORTER was born 19 Apr 1773, and died 16 Nov 1835.
- Children of Andrew PORTER and Elizabeth PARKER are:+ 7 i. Charlotte PORTER was born 1 Feb 1778. She married Robert BROOKE. He was born 22 Feb 1770, and died 4 Nov 1821.
- 8 ii. Anna Maria PORTER was born 1 Jan 1781, and died Apr 1781.
- 9 iii. Alexander Parker PORTER was born 8 May 1782, and died Aug 1782.
- 10 iv. John Ewing PORTER was born 11 May 1784, and died 14 Nov 1819 in Plymouth, North Carolina.
- 11 v. Harriet PORTER was born 19 Oct 1786. She married Thomas MCKEEN. He was born 26 Jun 1763, and died 25 Nov 1858.
- + 12 vi. David Rittenhouse PORTER was born 31 Oct 1788, and died 6 Aug 1867 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He married Josephine MCDERMOTT 28 Sep 1820, daughter of William MCDERMOTT
- + 13 vii. George Bryan PORTER was born 9 Feb 1791, and died 18 Jul 1834 in Detroit, Michigan.
- + 14 viii. James Madison PORTER was born 9 Feb 1791, and died 18 Jul 1834 in Detroit, Michigan.
3. Elizabeth Rittenhouse PORTER (Andrew PORTER2, Robert PORTER1) was born 27 Sep 1769, and died 21 Jan 1850 in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky
She married Robert Porter PARKER 16 Mar 1789 in Arlington / Fayette County, Kentucky, son of James PARKER and Mary TODD. He was born 12 Oct 1760, Montgomery County Pennsylvania and died 5 Mar 1800 in Lexington Fayette County Kentucky
Robert Parker served as a major during the Revolutionary War. After his married on March 10, 1789 to Elizabeth Porter, the couple traveled to Kentucky. There, Robert was one of the group of men who founded the city of Lexington. He built a large brick home on Short Street
THE PARKERS - The family tree shows that the last of Mrs. Lincoln's Todd forbears to live in Europe married a Miss Parker. It is not known that this woman was of the Parker family that in later years was frequently intertwined with the Todds and the Porters in Pennsylvania and Kentucky. There is some likelihood that she was, since the two families were so closely associated and for so many years.
The Parker family must have been an excellent one. The family historians never fail to say so. At the same time, we do not find among them many men or women who were of great prominence. It was the cross between a Parker and a Porter, or a Parker and a Todd, or both, that seemed to produce a superior individual.
The Robert Parker who was Mrs. Lincoln's maternal grandfather was a man of wealth and social position, but the member of his family of whom we read most is his widow, Eliza Parker, and she was born a Porter the daughter of Andrew. The day after her marriage she and her husband left Pennsylvania and rode horseback through the wilderness to Kentucky. It was she, as the "Widow" Parker, who dominated her grandchildren and did so much to make them dissatisfied with their stepmother. The accounts agree that the " Widow " Parker lived in a fine house, had a high social position, and was esteemed a superior woman. However, it was her grandchildren who quarreled amongst themselves and engaged in family law- suits something new in the Todd-Porter-Parker family. pg. 36-37 MRS. ABRAHAM LINCOLN (1932) Author: W. A. EVANS Publisher: ALFRED. A . KNOPF Children of Elizabeth Rittenhouse PORTER and Robert Porter PARKER are
- + 15 i. Mary Ann PARKER. She married John C RICHARDSON.
- + 16 ii. James Porter PARKER died in Port Gibson, Miss. He married Mary MILLIGAN
- + 17 iii. Andrew William PARKER. He married Camile BRASHER.
- + 18 iv. John Todd PARKER. He married Jane Logan ALLEN, daughter of John Col ALLEN and Jane LOGAN.
- 19 v. Robert PARKER died in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- + 20 vi. Eliza Ann / Ann Eliza / Elizabeth Ann PARKER was born 1795, and died 6 Jul 1825 in Lexington, Kentucky. She married Robert Smith TODD 26 Nov 1812 in Lexington, Kentucky, son of Levi TODD and Jane BRIGGS. He was born 25 Feb 1791 in Lexington, Fayette Co, Kentucky, and died 16 Jul 1849 in Lexington, Kentucky.
20 Eliza Ann / Ann Eliza / Elizabeth Ann PARKER (Robert Porter PARKER1) was born 1794 in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky, and died July 06, 1825 in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky.. She was buried 6 JUL 1825.
She married Robert Smith TODD 26 NOV 1812 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky, son of Levi TODD and Jane BRIGGS. He was born 25 FEB 1791 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky, and died 15 JUL 1849 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky.
Children of Elizabeth Ann PARKER and Robert Smith TODD are:
- 3 i. Frances TODD was born NOV 1813 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky. She married William WALLACE MAY 1839 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois. He was born 10 AUG 1802, and died 23 MAY 1867.
- + 4 ii. Elizabeth P. TODD was born 1815 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky, and died 22 FEB 1888 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois. She married Ninian Wirt EDWARDS 16 FEB 1832 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky. He was born 15 APR 1809, and died 2 SEP 1889..
- + 5 iii. Mary Ann TODD was born 13 DEC 1818 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky, and died 16 JUL 1882 in Springfield, Sangamon Co., IL. She was buried 19 JUL 1882 in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois. She married Abraham LINCOLN 4 NOV 1842 in Springfield, Sangamon Co., IL, son of Thomas Herring LINCOLN and Nancy HANKS. He was born 12 FEB 1809 in Hardin, Larue County, Hoodgenville, Kentucky, and died 15 APR 1865 in Peterson House, 516 10Th St., Nw, Washington, DC. He was buried APR 1865 in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Springfield, Sangamon Co., IL
- + 6 iv. Levi Oldham TODD was born Abt 1819 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky, and died 1864. He married Louisa SEARLES..
- 7 v. Robert Parker TODD was born MAY 1821 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky, and died 22 JUL 1822 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky.
- 8 vi. George Rogers TODD was born 3 JUL 1825 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky.
Elizabeth Rittenhouse Parker's Timeline
September 27, 1769
Norristown, Montgomery, Pennsylvania, United States
March 16, 1789
Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky, United States
September 21, 1851
Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky, United States
Norristown, Montgomery, PA, USA