Elizabeth Preston (Butler)
|Place of Burial:||London, Greater London, United Kingdom|
Daughter of Thomas Butler, 10th Earl of Ormond and Elizabeth Butler
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Preston
About Elizabeth Preston
- Lady Elizabeth Butler1
- F, #38590, d. 10 October 1628
- Last Edited=8 Feb 2015
- Consanguinity Index=0.01%
- Lady Elizabeth Butler was the daughter of Thomas Butler, 10th Earl of Ormonde and Hon. Elizabeth Sheffield.1 She married, firstly, Theobald Butler, 1st and last Viscount Butler of Tulleophelim, son of Sir Edmund Butler and Hon. Eleanor Eustace, in February 1602/3.1 She married, secondly, Richard Preston, 1st Earl of Desmond after December 1613.1 She died on 10 October 1628 at Wales, without male issue.2
- As a result of her marriage, Lady Elizabeth Butler was styled as Viscountess Butler of Tulleophelim on 4 August 1603. From after December 1613, her married name became Preston.1 As a result of her marriage, Lady Elizabeth Butler was styled as Baroness Dunmore on 11 July 1619. As a result of her marriage, Lady Elizabeth Butler was styled as Countess of Desmond on 24 July 1619.
- Child of Lady Elizabeth Butler and Richard Preston, 1st Earl of Desmond
- Elizabeth Preston, Baroness Dingwall+3 b. 25 Jul 1615, d. 21 Jul 1684
- [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 452. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 453.
- [S37] BP2003 volume 2, page 2427. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p3859.htm#i38590
- Elizabeth BUTLER
- Died: 10 Oct 1628
- Father: Thomas Dubh BUTLER (10° E. Ormonde)
- Mother: Elizabeth SHEFFIELD (C. Ormonde)
- Married 1: Theobald BUTLER (1° V. Tulleophelim)
- Married 2: Richard PRESTON (1° B. Dingwall) 1614
- 1. Elizabeth PRESTON (B. Dingwall) (b. 25 Jul 1615) (m. James Butler, 1° D. Ormonde)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/BUTLER.htm#Elizabeth BUTLER1
- Theobald Butler, 1st Viscount Butler of Tulleophelim (died December 1613), was an Irish peer.
- Butler was the son of Sir Edmund Butler by the Honourable Eleanor Eustace, daughter of Rowland Eustace, 2nd Viscount Baltinglass. James Butler, 9th Earl of Ormonde, was his grandfather, and Sir Thomas Butler, 1st Baronet, of Cloughgrenan, his younger brother. He was raised to the Peerage of Ireland as Viscount Butler of Tulleophelim, in the County of Carlow. In 1605 he was appointed Governor of County Carlow.
- Lord Butler of Tulleophelim married his cousin Lady Elizabeth Butler, daughter of Thomas Butler, 10th Earl of Ormonde, in 1603. There were no children from the marriage. He died in December 1613, when the viscountcy became extinct. The Viscountess Butler of Tulleophelim married as her second husband Richard Preston, 1st Earl of Desmond. She died in October 1628.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobald_Butler,_1st_Viscount_Butler_of_Tulleophelim