Elizabeth Leeke (Savage)
|Birthplace:||Clifton, Cheshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Beccles, Suffolk, England|
Daughter of Sir John Savage IV, of Clifton and Katherine Savage
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Leeke
About Elizabeth Leeke
- Elizabeth Savage1,2,3,4,5
- F, #46864, b. circa 1453
- Father Sir John Savage, Mayor of Chester1,3,6,5 b. c 1423, d. 22 Nov 1495
- Mother Katherine Stanley3,6,5 b. 1430
- Elizabeth Savage was born circa 1453 at of Clifton, Cheshire, England.1 A contract for the marriage of Elizabeth Savage and John Leeke, Esq. was signed on 13 January 1459; They had 2 sons (Sir John; & Thomas of Williamthorpe) and 3 daughters (Muriel, wife of Sir Robert Waterton; Katherine, wife of Sir Godfrey Foljambe; & Elizabeth, wife of John Frecheville).1,2,3,4,5
- Family John Leeke, Esq. b. c 1452, d. 31 Mar 1505
- Muriel Leeke+3,5 b. c 1474
- 1.[S11581] Burke's Dormant & Extinct Peerages, p. 473.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 639.
- 3.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 755.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 493.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 296.
- 6.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 491-492.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1559.htm#i46864
- Elizabeth SAVAGE
- Father: John SAVAGE (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Catherine STANLEY
- Married: John LEEKE (son of William Leeke of Longford)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/SAVAGE.htm#Elizabeth SAVAGE1
- A. John Savage of Clifton and Stainesby
- m. Elizabeth (or Elenor) Brereton (dau of Sir William Brereton of Brereton) named by Elizabeth by Armstrong, Elenor by Visitation, not named by Ormerod/BE1883
- i. Sir John Savage of Clifton (b c1422, d 22.11.1495)
- m. Catherine Stanley (dau of Thomas Stanley, 1st Lord, sister of Thomas, 1st Earl of Derby)
- a. Sir John Savage of Clifton (dvp Bologne)
- m. Dorothy Vernon (dau of Sir Ralph Vernon)
- .... etc.
- k. Elizabeth Savage see Note C below, shown by Armstrong a generation earlier
- m. John Leeke or Leake of Sutton (son of William of Longford)
- l. ...etc.
- Note C. Armstrong shows 2 daughters for John & Katherine: Elizabeth (m. Sir John Hampden) & Alice (m. Sir William Brereton. Ormerod & BE1883 both show 5 daughters: Ellen (m. Peter Legh of Lyme), Katherine (m. Thomas Legh of Adlington), Margaret (m. Edmund Trafford), Alice (m. Roger Pilkington) - see Ann below, a generation earlier) & Elizabeth (m. John Leeke). Visitation shows 6 daughters: unnamed (m. Sir THomas Waterton), Elizabeth (m. _ Leake, unnamed (m. Sir Edward Trafford sb Edmund, husband of Margaret?), Elenor (m. Sir Piers Leigh), Katherin (m. Thomas Leigh of Adlington), Alice (m. Roger Pilkenton - see Ann below, a generation earlier).
- ii. Eleanor Savage see Note D below
- m. (1467) Sir Piers Leigh of Lyme
- iii. Elizabeth Savage m. John Leake, see Note D below, shown a generation later
- iv. Helen Savage .... etc.
- Note D. Armstrong mentions 6 daughter of John & Elizabeth: Eleanor (m. Sir Piers Leigh of Lyme), Elizabeth (m. John Leake - we show a generation later), Helein .... etc.
- .... etc.
- ii. Sir John Leek or Leake of Sutton, Derbyshire
- The SMG correspondence identifies Sir John's wife only as Alice Grey. Some web sites support the connection we make but other identify her as daughter of John Grey of Unstone (Ounston or Ownston). The connection should be viewed as somewhat speculative.
- m. Alice Grey
- a. William Leek or Leake of Langford
- m. Katherine Chaworth
- The SMG correspondence follows their son Thomas, identified as probably the 2nd son. Various web sites show their elder/eldest son as the following John and provide the connection to Sir Francis shown at the continuation point.
- (1) John Leake of Sutton
- m. Elizabeth Savage (dau of Sir John Savage of Clifton)
- (A) Sir John Leake of Sutton (d 11.12.1522)
- m. (09.06.1489) Jane Foljambe (dau of Henry Foljambe of Walton by Benedicta Vernon)
- (i) Sir Francis Leake .... etc.
- (2) Thomas Leake of Hasland (2nd son)
- m. Margaret Fox (dau of William Fox) name found on various web sites
- (A) Elizabeth Leake .... etc.
- b. Catherine Leek or Leake probably of this generation
- m. (c1490) Godfrey Foljambe of Walton (b 27.03.1472, d 1541)
- @@@ We presume that this Catherine was a different person from the Margaret mentioned by the SMG correspondence as of a gerneration earlier (see just below) who (also) married a Godfrey Folljambe.
- iii. Margaret Leek or Leake
- m1. Godfrey Foljambe see not @@@ just above
- m2. Sir Thomas Rempston
- Main source(s):
- (1) for upper section (uploaded 29.01.09) : Visitation (Nottinghamshire, 1569+1614, Hercye) with input as noted above
- From: Stirnet.com
Elizabeth Leeke's Timeline
Clifton, Cheshire, England
Carlton, Suffolk, England
Probably Sutton, Derbyshire, England
May 26, 1492
Beccles, Suffolk, England