Übereinstimmende Stammbaum-Profile für Elizabeth Stapleton
Alle 26 anzeigen
About Elizabeth Stapleton
- 'Elizabeth Stapleton1,2,3,4,5,6
- 'F, #35634, b. circa 1441, d. 18 February 1505
- Father Sir Myles Stapleton, Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, Lord Ingham7,8,4,6 b. c 1408, d. 1 Oct 1466
- Mother Katherine de la Pole7,8 b. c 1416, d. 13 Oct 1488 or 14 Oct 1488
- ' Elizabeth Stapleton was born circa 1441 at of Ingham, Norfolk, England; Age 25 in 1466.9,2 She married Sir William Calthorpe, Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, son of Sir John Calthorpe and Amy (Amice) Wythe, before 7 March 1464; They had 3 sons (Sir Francis, John, & Edward) and 2 daughters (Anne, wife of Robert Drury; & Elizabeth, wife of Francis Hasilden).9,2,3,4,6 Elizabeth Stapleton married Sir John Fortescue, Chief Butler of England, son of Sir Richard Fortescue and Alice Hallacomb, after 15 November 1494.10,9,2 Elizabeth Stapleton married Sir Edward Howard, Admiral of the Fleet, son of Sir Thomas Howard, Earl Marshal of England, 2nd Duke Norfolk, Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk, Lord High Treasurer and Elizabeth Tilney, after 28 July 1500; Her 3rd marriage, his 1st.10,9,2,5 Elizabeth Stapleton died on 18 February 1505.9,2
- 'Family 1 Sir William Calthorpe, Sheriff of Norfolk & Suffolk b. 1 Feb 1410, d. 15 Nov 1494
- Anne Calthorpe+11,2,12 b. c 1460, d. b 1531
- Elizabeth Calthorpe+13,2,4,6 b. c 1474
- Edward Calthorpe+14 b. c 1475, d. b 1535
- 'Family 2 Sir John Fortescue, Chief Butler of England b. c 1440, d. 28 Jul 1500
- 'Family 3 Sir Edward Howard, Admiral of the Fleet b. c 1476, d. 25 Apr 1513
- 1.[S10979] Unknown author, Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists prior to 1700, by Weis, 7th Ed., p. 232.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 110-111.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 276.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 366.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 416.
- 6.[S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 16.
- 7.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 57-58.
- 8.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 109-110.
- 9.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 58.
- 10.[S331] Frederick L. Weis, Ancestral Roots of 60 Colonists Who Came to New England between 1623 and 1650., p. 232.
- 11.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 276.
- 12.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 92.
- 13.[S15] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, p. 417.
- 14.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 111.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1187.htm#i35634
- 'Sir William Calthorpe, (30 January 1410 – 15 November 1494), Knight of the Bath, and Lord of the Manors of Burnham Thorpe, and Ludham, in Norfolk. He is on record as High Sheriff of Norfolk and Suffolk in 1442, 1458 and 1464 and 1476.
- Calthorpe is recorded on 28 June 1443, when he manumitted one of his villeins, and set him free from all future services. He became locum tenens and Commissary-General to the late most noble and potent William, Duke of Norfolk, Earl of Pembroke, and Lord Great Chamberlain of England, Ireland and Aquitaine, during the minority of the Duke's son and heir, Henry, Earl of Exeter. In 1469 Sir William described himself as Sir William Calthorp of Ludham, a manor which he owned, as well as that of Burnham Thorpe. In 1479 he was Steward of the household of the Duke of Norfolk.
- Calthorpe was made a Knight of the Bath in the Tower of London, by King Edward IV, on the Coronation of his Queen, Elizabeth Wydville, Ascension Day, 26 May 1465.
- Calthorpe's first wife was Elizabeth (1406-1437), daughter of Sir Reynold, 3rd Baron de Grey of Ruthin, &c., (1362-1440), by whom Sir William had a son and two daughters. 'His second wife was Elizabeth (c. 1441-18 February 1505), eldest daughter and co-heir of Sir Miles Stapleton, Knt., of Ingham, Norfolk, (by his spouse, Katherine de la Pole (c. 1416-1488)), who settled the manor of Hempstead, Norfolk, upon Elizabeth. Her husband, Sir William Calthorpe, was subsequently found to be lord of three parts of it in 1491'; his second surviving son, Sir Francis, died possessed of it in 1544, and his son William next inherited it, and sold it about 1573.
- Calthorpe made Presentations to the Rectory of Beeston, Norfolk in 1460, 1481, 1492, and the Rectory of Hempstede in 1479 and 1485.
- In the church of St. Martin at the Palace, Norwich, is a tablet showing that in 1550 Lady Calthorp (Sir William's daughter-in-law) gave a silver cup and a velvet carpet to that church. It appears that the Calthorpes had their town house in this parish for many years, and Sir William de Calthorp certainly lived there in 1492, and probably long before then, for it is recorded that in 1447 the Executors of Joan Lady Bardolph, sold the old seat of the Erpinghams, in St.Martin's at the Palace, to William Calthorp, Esq., and the receivership of the Erpingham manor was vested in Sir Philip Calthorp (d. 1535 - grandson of Sir William) and his wife Joan (née Blennerhasset), in 1487.
- In Sir William's will, he mentions that many of his ancestors were buried in North Creake Church, Norfolk. This Will is given in full in East Anglian Notes & Queries (vol.ii, p.210), as an interesting specimen of wills of that date. He mentions many of his family. He was buried within the Church of the White Friars, Norwich, Norfolk, beside his first wife.
- 'One of Sir William's daughters by his second marriage', Anne (d. bef. March 1558), married Sir Robert Drury, Knt., of Thurston, and Hawstead, Suffolk.
- Banks, Sir T. C., Bt., Baronia Anglica Concentrata; or Baronies in Fee, London, 1844. Elizabeth Stapleton and her husband, Sir William Calthorpe, with their immediate successors, can be found in the summary pedigree of the Stapleton family on p. 267.
- Visitation of Yorkshire, 1563/4 by William Flower, Norroy King of Arms, published London, 1881, p. 295 (outline pedigree of the Stapleton family)..
- Burke, John, and John Bernard, The Royal Families of England, Scotland, and Wales, with their descendants, Sovereigns and Subjects, London, 1851, vol. 2, pedigree CXVII.
- Burke, Sir Bernard, Ulster King of Arms, Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire, London, 1883, p. 504, where Sir William is erroneously named as Sir Philip.
- Shaw, William A., Litt.D., The Knights of England, London, 1906.
- Carr-Calthorpe, Colonel Christopher William, C.B.E., R.I., Notes on the Families of Calthorpe and Calthrop, etc., 3rd edition, London, 1933, p. 38-9; 41-6.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, et al., (editor), The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, 5th edition, Baltimore, 2002, p. 7.
- Richardson, Douglas, Plantagenet Ancestry, Baltimore, Maryland, 2004, p. 580 and 621.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Calthorpe
- Catherine De La POLE
- Born: ABT 1416
- Died: ABT 14 Oct 1488
- Father: Thomas De La POLE (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Anne CHENEY
- Married 1: Miles STAPLETON of Ingham (Sir) ABT 1440
- '1. Elizabeth STAPLETON
- 2. Joan STAPLETON
- Married 2: Richard HARCOURT of Wytham (Sir Knight) BEF 1477, Stanton Harcourt, Oxfordshire, England
- 1. William HARCOURT
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/DeLaPOLE.htm#Catherine De La POLE3
- 'William CALTHORPE of Burnham Thorpe (Sir Knight)
- Born: 30 Jan 1408/9, Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk,England
- Died: 15 Nov 1494, Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk, England
- Buried: White Friars Church, Norwich, Norfolk, England
- Notes: See his Biography.
- Father: John CALTHORPE of Burnham Thorpe (Sir)
- Mother: Anne WYTHE
- Married 1: Elizabeth GREY ABT 1435
- 1. John CALTHORPE (Sir Knight)
- 2. Amy CALTHORPE
- 3. Elizabeth CALTHORPE
- 4. George CALTHORPE (b. ABT 1432)
- 5. Thomas CALTHORPE
- 6. William CALTHORPE
- 'Married 2: Elizabeth STAPLETON AFT 1462, York, England
- 7. Anne CALTHORPE
- 8. Richard CALTHORPE (b. ABT 1464)
- 9. Ada CALTHORPE
- 10. Francis CALTHORPE (Sir)
- 11. Edward CALTHORPE
- 12. Elizabeth CALTHORPE
- 13. William CALTHORPE (b. ABT 1476 - d. 1528)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/CALTHORPE.htm
Alle 12 anzeigen
Lebenslinie von Elizabeth Stapleton
England, United Kingdom
Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk, , England
18 Februar, 1505
Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk, England
King's Lynn, Norfolk, UK