Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth R. Winn
About Elizabeth R. Winn (Floyd)
From Descendants of John Floyd
37. ELIZABETH R.6 FLOYD (ROBERT CLARK5, WILLIAM4, JOHN3, CHARLES2, JOHN1) 
- was born 1774 in VA .
- She married THOMAS MINOR WINN  25 October 1790 in Jefferson Co., KY ,
- son of JAMES WINN and HANNAH WITHERS. He was born 06 December 1769 in VA , and
- died Bef. 10 December 1810 in Adams Co., MS.
Notes for ELIZABETH R. FLOYD:
Travelled down the Ohio and Mississippi by flatboat and settled in Natchez, 1808, per Anna Cartlidge.
Notes for THOMAS MINOR WINN:
They moved to Natchez in about 1808. He was at one time the Postmaster of Louisville, Ky.
Alex Luken found records of the Catahoula Parish wherein he is dead by Dec. 10, 1810. She also sends this in January 2007:
Thomas Minor Winn son of James Winn Hannah Withers m. Elizabeth Floyd daughter of Robert Clark Floyd, m. Jefferson Co., KY 1790.
- Thomas Minor Winn, Postmaster of Louisville 1800-1805.
- Removed to Natchez MS abt. 1808.
In going over my notes, I find a notation that possible children of this couple are
- 1. Caroline Winn b. 1798 KY,
- 2. Charles Floyd Winn,
- 3. Minter Winn and
- 4. Sarah Winn.
They would have been born in KY or MS between 1790 and 1817. Cannot find a trace of any of these children. Wondering what happened to them...
University of PA Medical School Matriculants
- Winn, Little? G. VA 1823(235)
- Winn, Mentor T. LA 1820(291) 1821(235)
- Winn, Philip J. Fork Union, VA 1848(488) [M.D. UVa, 1843?]
- Winn, R. W. R. Natchez 1814(307)
Children of ELIZABETH FLOYD and THOMAS WINN are:
- 1. i. SARAH7 WINN ,
- b. Abt. 1792, Jefferson Co., KY .
- 2. ii. R. W. R. WINN ,
- b. Abt. 1794.
- Notes for R. W. R. WINN: This might be a son of this couple. Note that both RWR Winn and Minter (Mentor) Winn attended medical school in Philadelphia near the same time.
- b. Abt. 1794.
- 3. iii. CAROLINE WINN ,
- b. 1798, Jefferson Co., KY .
- 4. iv. MINTOR WINN ,
- b. 1800, Jefferson Co., KY .
- 5. v. CHARLES FLOYD WINN ,
- b. Abt. 1803 .