view all 32
About Ellen Leigh (Bothe)
- 'Ellen Booth1
- 'F, b. circa 1457
- Father Sir William Booth, Sheriff of Chester d. 6 Apr 1477
- Mother Maud de Dutton1 b. c 1427, d. c 1489
- ' Ellen Booth was born circa 1457 at of Barton, Eccles, Lancashire, England. She married Sir John Legh, son of Edmund Legh, Esq. and Margery Savage, in 1466.1
- 'Family Sir John Legh b. a 1450
- 1.[S11576] A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies of England, Ireland, and Scotland, by John Burke, Esq. and John Bernard Burke, Esq., p. 72.
- 'A general and heraldic dictionary of the peerages of England, Ireland, and ... By John Burke
- Pg. 67
- SIR ROBERT BOUTH, Knt., of Dunham Massie, in the county of Chester, which seat he acquired by his wife, Douce, daughter and co-heiress of Sir William Venables, of Bollen, in the same shire; which Sir William was son of Joane, daughter and heir of Hamon Fitton, who was grandson of John Fitton, of Bollen, by Cicelie his wife, eldest daughter and co-heir of Sir Hamon Massie, the sixth and last Baron of Dunham Massie, one of the eight feudal lordships instituted by Hugh Lupus, Earl of Chester, in the time of the Conqueror. By this lady Sir Robert Bouth had no less than nine sons and five daughters. of the former, ...
- Sir Robert and his eldest . . . Sir Robert died on the 16th September, 1450, and was s. by his eldest son,
- SIR WILLIAM BOTHE, who m. Maud, daughter
- Pg. 68
- of John Dutton, Esq., of Dutton, in the county of Chester, by whom he had five sons and nine daughters, which daughter were,
- Douce, m. to Thomas Leigh, Esq., of West Hall, in the county of Chester.
- Anne, m. first, to John Leigh, Esq., of Booths, Cheshire, and secondly, to Geoffery Shakerly, of Shakerly, in the county of Lancaster.
- ' Ellen, m. to Sir John Leigh, of Baguley, in the county of Chester.
- 'A genealogical history of the dormant, abeyant, forfeited, and extinct .. By Sir Bernard Burke
- Pg. 60