Emma's Top 9 Matches
About Emma Bliss (Junod)
- Name: Mrs Emma Bliss (née Junod)
- Born: Wednesday 9th May 1866
- Age: 45 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Occupation: Stewardess
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Thursday 18th June 1959
- Buried: Toronto Ontario Canada
Mrs Ernest John Bliss (Emma Junod), was born in Rolle , Switzerland on 9 May 1866 .
When she signed-on to the Titanic on 6 April 1912 she gave her address as 56 Up. Park Road, New Southgate. Her last ship had been the Majestic. As a stewardess she received monthly wages of £3.
She was rescued in lifeboat 15.
After the disaster Emma Bliss settled in Canada.
On 15 April 1939 she, together with Elizabeth Mellinger, Madeleine Mann (née Mellinger) and Samuel John Collins met for a Titanic reunion dinner at the Royal York Hotel, Toronto.
Emma Bliss died 18 June 1959.
- 1. Rolle is a small village between Lausanne and Geneva, directly at the lakeside (Lake Geneva).
- 2. She gave her age as 40 when signing-on but the death certificate shows it to have been 45.
References and Sources
- Toronto Star, 16 April 1939, Rescued by the Same Lifeboat Titanic Survivors United Again
- Toronto Daily Star, 19 June 1959, Obituary
- Crew Particulars of Engagement
- Province of Ontario Statement of Death
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Alan Hustak, Canada