Historical records matching Ensign Abiah Carpenter
About Abiah Carpenter
Farmer, wheelwright. Reference shows Abiah's death date as 28 Apr 1732. A description of a sale of land to his son Thomas:He deeds to his son, Thomas, for love, good will, and affection, land lying and being in the forks of Palmer's River in Rehoboth, lying in two parts; one lot of 62 acres, bounded westerly by the land of Abraham Carpenter. The other tract is allthe meadow on the east side of Palmer's River, bounded easterly by the land of Abraham Carpenter, and northerly by the heirs of Jonathan Carpenter, and westerly by the said river. Mar 4th, 1717 or 1718. He was an Ensign in the militia. Married
- May 13, 1690, Mehitable Read, Rehoboth, Bristol, MA
- June 7 1702/03, Sarah Read, Rehoboth, Bristol, MA
- July 16, 1726, Mary Ormsbee, Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts
- Arnold, James N. Vital record of Rehoboth, 1642-1896. (Providence, RI), page 571. 'CARPENTER, Abiah, [of Samuell and Sarah] ... Feb. 10, 1665'
- Samuel3 Carpenter (William2-1) of Rehoboth, Massachusetts, in Zubrinsky, Eugene Cole. Carpenter Sketches: Links to Sketches And Articles Representing the Most Current and Reliable Scholarship Cconcerning Early Generations of the Carpenter Families of Rehoboth, Massachusetts, and Providence, Rhode Island and Their Ancestors. (Carpenters' Encyclopedia of Carpenters, 2008), page 3. 'ENS. ABIAH CARPENTER, b. 10 Feb. 1665, d. Rehoboth 28 April 1732, in 68th yr.; ...'