About Ernest Frederick Allen
- Name: Mr Ernest Frederick Allen
- Born: Friday 10th February 1888
- Age: 24 years
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Trimmer
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Engine crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Rescued (boat B)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 27th December 1968
Mr Ernest Frederick Allen, 24, was born on 10 March 1888 in London.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 6 April 1912, he gave his address as 9 Short Street (Chapel, Southampton). He normally worked as a fireman but on the Titanic he was employed as a trimmer. As such he received £5 10s per month. He had previously served on the Olympic.
Allen was rescued in Collapsible B. His brother Fred Allen died in the sinking. Initially Ernest Allen was also reported lost.
Ernest Allen died in December 1968.
- Crew Particulars of Engagement
- Southern Evening Echo, 4 September 1964, Article
- Southern Evening Echo, 30 December 1968, Obituary
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- Hermann Söldner (ed.) (2000) RMS Titanic: Passenger and Crew List 10 April 1912-15 April 1912. ä wie Ärger Verlag.
- Southampton Echo, April, 1912
- Hampshire Independent, April 1912
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Brian Ticehurst, UK