About Ernest Theodore Corben
- Name: Mr Ernest Theodore Corben
- Born: Tuesday 27th January 1885
- Age: 27 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Assistant Printer Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr Ernest Theodore Corben, 27, was born in London on 27th January 1885, the son of George Burridge Corben of Camberwell.
Ernest married Beatrice Ann Callaway in Southampton on 28th December 1907. The couple had one son, Ernest Charles George who was born in Camberwell in 1909 and died in Southampton during 1970. Ernest's father only outlived his son by some six weeks, passing away on 30th May 1912.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 58 Floating Bridge Road, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As assistant printer he received monthly wages of £4.
Corben died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Credits Geoff Whitfield,UK
Ernest Theodore Corben's Timeline
January 27, 1885
Greater London, UK
April 15, 1912
TITANIC at sea