Matching family tree profiles for Ernst Axel Algot Aronsson
About Ernst Axel Algot Aronsson
- Name: Mr Ernst Axel Algot Aronsson
- Born: Tuesday 21st June 1887
- Age: 24 years
- Last Residence: in Hörset Småland Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 349911 , £7 15s 6d
- Destination: Joliet Illinois United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Ernst Axel Algot Aronsson, 24, was born 21 June 1887 the son of Aron and Ida Bengtsson from Hörset, Lagan, Berga parish, Småland, Sweden. He had 6 siblings.
Ernst Aronsson was unmarried and living by his parents. He travelled with Gustaf Edvardsson. They were travelling to his brother, Claes Bentsson at 200 Ridgewood Ave. Joliet, Illinois. They boarded the Titanic at Southampton as third class passengers. Both men lost their lives, their bodies were never found.
The Mansion House Fund paid 875.52 Kr (£48) to parents. 2217.60 Kr (£75) damage claims were paid to the parents on 9 October 1914. The parents were poor which gave them some higher payments of damage claims from White Star. Ernst was oldest of their children. His father wrote to the ministry of foreign affairs Apr. 30 1912 "I myself am of small means and have 6 children to support, 5 of them younger than 14 years old. I should therefore be very thankful if your excellency could do anything about it".
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Leif Snellman, Finland