Essex Cheke (Rich)
|Also Known As:||"Essex Rich", "Essex Cheke", "Essex Finch"|
Daughter of Robert Rich, 1st Earl of Warwick and Penelope Blount, Countess of Devonshire
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Essex Cheke
- 'Essex Rich1
- F, #216924
- Last Edited=19 Jan 2009
- ' Essex Rich is the daughter of Robert Rich, 1st Earl of Warwick and Lady Penelope Devereux.1,2 She married Sir Thomas Cheeke.1
- Her married name became Cheke.1
- 'Children of Essex Rich and Sir Thomas Cheeke
- 1.Anne Cheeke+1
- 2.Essex Cheeke+3 d. 28 Sep 1658
- 1.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 233. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2.[S22] Sir Bernard Burke, C.B. LL.D., A Genealogical History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire, new edition (1883; reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1978), page 452. Hereinafter cited as Burkes Extinct Peerage.
- 3.[S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume VIII, page 370.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p21693.htm#i216924
- 'Essex RICH
- Father: Robert RICH (1° E. Warwick)
- Mother: Penelope DEVEREUX (B. Rich)
- 'Married 1: Daniel FINCH
- 1. Mary FINCH
- 'Married 2: Thomas CHEEKE
- 2. Anne CHEEKE
- 3. Essex CHEEKE (m. Edward Montague, 2° E. Manchester)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/RICH.htm#Essex RICH1
- Robert Rich, 3rd Earl of Warwick (28 June 1611 – 29 May 1659 in London), was the son of Robert Rich, 2nd Earl of Warwick and Frances Hatton. His only son, also Robert, predeceased him by 15 months dying of consumption . The earldom passed to the 3rd Earl's brother Charles.
- Lord Warwick married Lady Anne Cavendish, the daughter of William Cavendish, 2nd Earl of Devonshire, on 9 April 1632 at Battersea, Surrey. Their child, was the Earl's only son, Robert.
- Robert married Frances Cromwell, daughter of Oliver Cromwell in 1657 but he died of consumption within three months of the marriage on 16 February 1658 (1657/1658), leaving no children and his widow remarried Sir John Russell, 3rd Baronet.
- Robert Rich married secondly Anne Cheeke, daughter of 'Sir Thomas Cheeke and Essex Rich'. Their children were:
- Anne who married Thomas Barrington of Barrington Hall Essex, heir of Sir John Barrington, 3rd Baronet.
- Mary who married Sir Henry St. John, 1st Viscount St. John on 11 December 1673 and died in 1678, giving birth to their only son, Henry, Viscount Bolingbroke.
- Essex Rich, who married Daniel Finch, 2nd Earl of Nottingham on 16 June 1674.
- Robert Rich is buried in Felsted, Essex.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rich,_3rd_Earl_of_Warwick
Essex Cheke's Timeline
Probably Pirgo, Essex, England
Pirgo, Essex, England
August 15, 1658