Matching family tree profiles for Eustace Ill de Ardene, of Watford
About Eustace Ill de Ardene, of Watford
Eustace de Arderne
- Birth: Watford, Northamptonshire, England
- Parents: Eustace DeArderne, Hawysia
- Siblings: John de Arden, Edmund
- AKA: John de Watford
Eustace de Arden, or de Watford, was in possession, 1199, of his father's estate ... His sons were, first Eustace, son and heir, and John de Arden, or Arderne, who became the Lord of Aldford.
George Ormerod's The History of County Palatine and City of Chester, Vol. II, p. 85:
grants John land to his brother Eustace in Watford after 1209 ..
The manor was at this time in the hands of Eustachius de Arden, or de Watford, with whose descendants it continued till the 4th of Edward I. (1276), when Eustachius de Watford, the fourth possessor of that name, died seized of it
- George Ormerod's The History of County Palatine and City of Chester, Vol. II, p. 76
- Ormerod's Parentalia, pp. 77-78
- History of Northamptonshire by Whellan published in 1874.