About Evert van Guinea, SV/PROG
- Evert van Guinea was born circa 1640 in Guinea.
- Circa 1670 Evert van Guinea and Anna van Guinea were in a de facto relationship de Caep de Goede Hoop.
- On 6 May 1658,Evert van Guinea and Anna van Guinea, Koddo van Guinea, Maria van Guinea, Oude Hans van Guinea, Jajenne van Guinea, Adouke van Guinea, Deuxsous van Guinea, Dirk van Guinea and Regina van Rapenberg van Guinea arrived enslaved at the Cape on board the Hasselt from Popo, Benin. They were among 220 slaves acquired in Benin - and described by Jan van Riebeeck as bijsonder fraey, cloeck ende lustich volcq", i.e. goodlooking, strong and energetic.
- He was a slave after 6 May 1658 de Caep de Goede Hoop, owned by Johan Anthoniszoon van Riebeeck.
- Evert van Guinea was emancipated by Johan Anthoniszoon van Riebeeck, on 22 August 1659 de Caep de Goede Hoop.
Anna van Guinea b. c 1647
Maria Everts b. c 1663