Ezra's Top 9 Matches
About Ezra James Poulsen
Ezra J. Poulsen was born and reared at Paris, Idaho, where he was graduated from Fielding Academy. He later filled an L.D.S. mission to the Southern States; and after receiving his degree from Brigham Young University, entered teaching, serving consecutively as Principal of Garden City Junior high School, Juab Stake Seminary, and Head of English Department, Granite High School, Salt Lake City. Later, on editorial staff of Salt Lake Telegram; Associate editor, Intermountain Horseman.
He is the author of six volumes of published biography, two novels, and three collections of verse. His contributions -- fiction, non-fiction, and verse, to a wide variety of religious and general magazines and newspaper supplements, runs into hundreds of titles. Also many anthologies of poetry have contained his work -- including "Outstanding Contemporary Poetry," "Yearbook of Modern Poetry," and 1972 anthology published in London by "International Who's Who in Poetry."
- Who's Who in the West
- Dictionary of International Biography
POUSLEN, Ezra James, b.26 Dec. 1889. Educator, Writer. Educ. AB, Brigham Young Univ., 1917. Appts: Traveling missionary, Ch. of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1910-22; Prin., Garden City Elem. & Jr. HS, 1917-19; Prin., Juab Sem., 1919-22; Hd., Engl. Dept., Nephi HS, Utah, 1922-23, Granite HS, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1924-43. Ed. Staff, Salt Lake Telegram, 1946-48; Assoc. Ed., Intermountain Horseman, 1948-49. Mbrships: FIAL; Bd. of Dirs., Emeritus Club, Brigham Young Univ. AlumniAssn.; Utah State Hist. Soc.; Utah Heritage Fndn.; Smithsonian Assocs. Publs: Songs for the Toilers, 1922; A Star Falls & Other Poems, 1965; num. anthols.; Birthright, (novel) 1950; Behold! The Sun Rises (novel), 1972; num. biogs. Address: 587 1stAve., Salt Lake City, UT 84103, USA. 9, 11, 128, 139.
- Dictionary of Contemporary Poets
- Royal Blue Book, London
- Elected to Life fellowship in International Institute of Arts and Letters 1961.
- Certificate of Merit from Dictionary of International Biography for "Distinguished service to Literature and Education
- Featured on Words to Live by page,This Week Magazine, 1962; over 15 million readers.
- Included in "Two Thousand Men of Achievement," published in London, distributed throughout the world. 1969-70.
- "Songs For The Toilers"
- "A Star Has Fallen: A Poem Sequence Honoring John F. Kennedy And Other Poems"
- "Poems in various moods"
- "James Poulsen - A Faithful Dane"
- "Robert Price"
- "Joseph C. Rich, Versatile Pioneer on the Mormon Frontier"
- Emily Almira Cozzens Rich 1871 1954 Wife of Dr. Edward I. Rich Ogden, Utah:The Summary of a Devoted Life
- Happy Day: Life and Times of Edward I. Rich M.D. 1868-1969