About F. Smith
- Name: Mr F. Smith
- Born in Brighton Sussex England
- Age: 20 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 33 Ordnance Road Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Assistant Pantryman Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr F. Smith, 20, was born in Brighton, Sussex.
Daily Mirror 20 April 1912
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 33 Ordnance Road, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As an assistant pantry steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Smith died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified 1.
Notes 1. Body #240 might be that of F. Smith (Correspondence with Alan Ruffman, Canada).
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)
Credits Alan Ruffman, Canada